Finally got a white iPhone 4 32gb

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AlvinNguyen, Apr 14, 2011.

1. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I know there is rumors of the new one but this is such a great deal - didn't want to pass it up. 32gb white iPhone your with iFixDirect conversion for $550. Looks brand new. No prox sensor issue either. So clean with a white bumper :D I also order a graphite VAPOR 4 case so new pics when that comes in. I took these at the apple store :D Love seeing the look on people's face when they see a white iPhone 4.

I didn't want to attempt this myself because it looks very complex and not something a newbie should attempt. And I figured even if the new one comes out in a couple weeks it would be at least $699 + $60 tax so $550 for a mint 32gb with the conversion seems like a deal. I

Regarding the wallpaper: I shot that picture (fashion photographer) and the A is my first initial. The STORM unlock text string is the name of my studio :)

Attached Files:

2. boon209 macrumors member

looks nice and all but $550 seems like a lot. You can probably can do the conversion yourself if you took the time. You can shave off at least $200. I have an official white back plate on mine and I got it for $30. Front plates run about $150-200 depends on where you look.

Regardless It looks real slick. The white bumper don't seem like a good fit IMO. Maybe it's just in the photo. :)

3. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

Is it just the lighting/camera but does the white front look faded or is it a nice white?

4. funwithamar macrumors regular

the bumber makes it look like nokia 8500 get rid of it :p and if feel the home button look weird .

5. AlvinNguyen thread starter macrumors 6502a

The conversion costs $150-$200 for a good kit and I sold my 16gb iphone 4 for $500 so it's not a bad deal :) I don't like the bumper either but I feel like it needs some kind of protection before the Vapor case gets here.

As for the pic it's just the lighting - it's a nice warmer tone white, I've seen some lighter/cooler shades of white that I thought looks a bit cheap. Who knows which is more "real" - I guess we'll find out if/when apple finally releases the production units :)

6. bushido Suspended

bushido

lol i thought its a nokia bc of the bumper too

7. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

Looks good. Got my kit for 170. Did it myself. Question....the "grill" for the proximity sensor above the ear piece...cant tell from the pic but is it white or if you look at it can you see black? What i mean is did they color in the behind it with the Sharpie trick?

8. iloveiphone4 macrumors member

is the iphone 4 32gb brand new ? i mean you ordered a white iphone 4 brand new online ? what is the baseband it came with ? i have a black iphone 4 32 Gb, about 8 months old with 1.59 baseband... debating wether a new white iphone 4 is worth loosing the unlock for :apple:

9. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

^^ Why not just save some money, your unlock and buy a DIY kit?

10. hackthatphone, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011

hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Those kits look like crap. Not to mention overpriced. Love the dozen holes in a rectangular shape. Since you're also getting the overpriced Vapor 4 case you clearly have lots of disposable income. To each his own.

This kind of thing reminds of people who purchase a new Corvette then proceed to purchase every gaudy add on they can for it (Ferrari style ground effects, neon windshield wipers, stupid big rims, stripe kit, etc). End of rant.

11. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

Ummm is it the color that makes it look like crap to you or the quality of the kit?

12. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I never really understood this fascination with "The White iPhone 4" especially with the prices some of these places are charging for their conversions.

13. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

I never understood the fascination with people buying expensive rims for their car. I guess to each his own. I did it cause i do like the look of the white and its different. I'm thinking about getting the deep blue kit next

14. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Not a fan of blue but I have seen a couple blue kits and, I'll admit, they do look pretty swank. I've only gone so far as getting a cheap clear back plate for my iPhone. Looks okay, just wish the insides of the phone were a bit more purtier.

15. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

I know what ya mean. I do like the look of the clear kits. But i think the front would really mess with your proximity sensor. I ordered a cheap back off ebay to see how it was. The quality was total garbage. If ya get the right kit, it looks great. Well, to me anyways.

16. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

And that is exactly why I didn't want to get the front plate although I was seriously tempted to go fully transparent. I think the back is just fine so I'll prob leave the front alone (for now at least) I got mine from SW-Box and it's pretty decent quality I think. Not OEM grade by any means but definitely not cheap crappy plastic.

17. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

I heard good things about SW-Box. I did so much research before i bought my kit. Prices were all over the place. Lets see what happens when and if apple does come out with white.

18. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You sure yours official white back? You work in Foxconn? :D

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

Glad you are happy. I think 550 is crazy but it's your money. At one time I wanted white but I gave it up a long time ago. Not really sure what this has to do with hacking. Sseveral similar threads in the accessory section.

20. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

a 32gb iphone 4 with no contract costs $749 plus tax from AT&T.... so $550 with the conversion is a pretty good deal in my opinion. Especially since you can sell your black iphone and you are not extending your contract or upgrade eligibility.

21. twezzyfbaby macrumors regular

twezzyfbaby

I have a red 32gig with a black home button n i paid $400 for the whole thing it came jb'd wit 4.2.1! Mine is pretty awsome!!

22. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I would've waited a few more weeks for the real deal. All these white iPhones are using knockoff parts right now.