Finally got an iPhone!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LucasG, Feb 4, 2011.

1. LucasG macrumors regular

LucasG

Unfortunately, it's an AT&T 3Gs iPhone, and since I live in Costa Rica, I have to jailbreak/unlock it in order to use it. (even thought I'd love to have it unlocked) to not have to jb/unlock it. Currently it's running 4.0.1, I was hoping to learn what is the latest untethered jailbreak in order to update it and not have any issues. Also what are the precautions I should have with having it jailbreaked/unlocked. I want to keep it as retail as possible but try to have the latest versions possible.

Thanks!

2. WRXface macrumors regular

if your still on 4.0.1 go to jailbreakme.com and make sure you do not upgrade through iTunes, unless you FULLY understand what you are going to do!

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Stay on 4.0.1 untill there's an untethered JB with pwnage tool for 4.2.1 or the soon to be released 4.3
    Maintain your baseband with pwnage or you might be stuck with no unlock or with losing your GPS feature by having to install the ipad BB.
    Whatever you do make sure you know 100% what you're doing before you get into it cause its more complicated with SHSH blobs, baseband version, untethered JB and other factors that come into play.