Finally got IP4 Bullet Bill Sliders to work!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lorax3, Aug 3, 2010.

1. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

So I thought I would show you.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• BB.PNG
      BB.PNG
      File size:
      692.5 KB
      Views:
  2. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

3. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

How'd you do it? Share! Did you do it via SSH? And if so, where did you find the files?

4. doolin.nc macrumors member

The slider file is called bottombarknobgray. It's in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework. That's also the location of the other colored sliders, too.

5. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Ah...Much thanks!

6. doolin.nc macrumors member

Sure thing. :)

Just need the image files for the bullet now (or whatever suits your fancy).

7. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I'm actually after an invisible slider. I had it hidden on my 3GS and got used to a nice clean lock screen.

While we're on the subject...you wouldn't happen to know where the image files for the signal bars and wi-fi bars are now would you? I've been searching to no avail.

8. shaunxcool macrumors newbie

Also would like the bullet bill slider image if you have a minute. Thanks.

9. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Looks cool, but being a newbie have no idea how to install...Could you give detail info on how to do??? Thanks

10. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

If you look carefully. that's a little wee wee in the background. With Balls.

11. lorax3 thread starter macrumors regular

lorax3

Attached Files:

12. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

i'm trying to change mine, but i'm having a problem. when i try to open the images through WinSCP {pc}, they don't show up at all. and when i copy the folder to my desktop to back them up, or view them, they are just black.....here's what i mean:

[​IMG]

i want to replace it with a slider theme {through SSH} that isn't working on my iphone 4 through winterboard, that i used to use on my 3gs......

13. lorax3 thread starter macrumors regular

lorax3

14. mushup0rk macrumors newbie

Out of curiosity, how did you get it to say 'Slide to kill'?

15. lorax3 thread starter macrumors regular

lorax3

I made my own string. A strings file is file in which tells the lock screen what to display.

http://pimpmyi.wordpress.com/all-tutorials-and-pages/create-your-own-winterboard-theme/

There is a sample stings file at the bottom of that article. It is a good read, and will give you a better understanding of how to modify things in winterboard via SSH

16. shaunxcool macrumors newbie

Thanks for the image but when I tried it, it seemed roughly half the size. Is this the one you used or am I doing something incorrect. Thanks

17. lorax3 thread starter macrumors regular

lorax3

WHOOPS!

That one was my fault. I have like 100 bullet bill images on my desktop from when I was trying to figure this out.

Attached is the correct one. Sorry!

Attached Files:

18. shaunxcool macrumors newbie

19. mushup0rk macrumors newbie

Is Winterboard the only place you can use the strings file? I tried doing this and I cant get it to work. Is there a place I can just replace the standard strings file with my new one?

20. lorax3 thread starter macrumors regular

lorax3

Yes. There are two places to put string files. If you want to replace the standard system strings go to

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

That will replace it, but SAVE a copy of the original just in case.

I personally do not like messing with the system files, so I chose to use winterbaord, so my strings file was in

/var/stash/themes.xxx/lorax's theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

I had to create those folders in Winterboard. I made the theme folder called 'lorax' in /var/stash/themes.JrBWVM and had to make all those folders inside of it. My sliders went into /var/stash/themes.xxx/lorax's theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/bottombarknobgray@2x.png

21. Cricky macrumors newbie

Hi folks!

Just came across this forum while searching for custom themes for IP4. After following that link on how to create your own Winterboard theme i only managed to get the wallpaper and lockscreen working.
    I tried custom sliders but to no avail unfortunately. I followed the guide step by step to the letter but they just didn't work. Would any of you be able to hazard a guess as to why this might happen?

Thanks!