Finally got IP4 Bullet Bill Sliders to work!

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
How'd you do it? Share! Did you do it via SSH? And if so, where did you find the files?

doolin.nc

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
How'd you do it? Share! Did you do it via SSH? And if so, where did you find the files?
The slider file is called bottombarknobgray. It's in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework. That's also the location of the other colored sliders, too.

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Sure thing. :)

Just need the image files for the bullet now (or whatever suits your fancy).
I'm actually after an invisible slider. I had it hidden on my 3GS and got used to a nice clean lock screen.

While we're on the subject...you wouldn't happen to know where the image files for the signal bars and wi-fi bars are now would you? I've been searching to no avail.

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Looks cool, but being a newbie have no idea how to install...Could you give detail info on how to do??? Thanks

Vinnie Madrox

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2009
HowELL, NJ
i'm trying to change mine, but i'm having a problem. when i try to open the images through WinSCP {pc}, they don't show up at all. and when i copy the folder to my desktop to back them up, or view them, they are just black.....here's what i mean:

i want to replace it with a slider theme {through SSH} that isn't working on my iphone 4 through winterboard, that i used to use on my 3gs......

lorax3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007

shaunxcool

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Thanks for the image but when I tried it, it seemed roughly half the size. Is this the one you used or am I doing something incorrect. Thanks

lorax3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Thanks for the image but when I tried it, it seemed roughly half the size. Is this the one you used or am I doing something incorrect. Thanks
WHOOPS!

That one was my fault. I have like 100 bullet bill images on my desktop from when I was trying to figure this out.

Attached is the correct one. Sorry!

Attachments

mushup0rk

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
Is Winterboard the only place you can use the strings file? I tried doing this and I cant get it to work. Is there a place I can just replace the standard strings file with my new one?

lorax3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Is Winterboard the only place you can use the strings file? I tried doing this and I cant get it to work. Is there a place I can just replace the standard strings file with my new one?
Yes. There are two places to put string files. If you want to replace the standard system strings go to

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

That will replace it, but SAVE a copy of the original just in case.

I personally do not like messing with the system files, so I chose to use winterbaord, so my strings file was in

/var/stash/themes.xxx/lorax's theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

I had to create those folders in Winterboard. I made the theme folder called 'lorax' in /var/stash/themes.JrBWVM and had to make all those folders inside of it. My sliders went into /var/stash/themes.xxx/lorax's theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/bottombarknobgray@2x.png

Cricky

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Hi folks!

Just came across this forum while searching for custom themes for IP4. After following that link on how to create your own Winterboard theme i only managed to get the wallpaper and lockscreen working.
I tried custom sliders but to no avail unfortunately. I followed the guide step by step to the letter but they just didn't work. Would any of you be able to hazard a guess as to why this might happen?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.