Finally got my 8 Plus! Initial impressions.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sdwaltz, Sep 24, 2017.

1. sdwaltz macrumors 6502a

Finally got my iPhone 8 Plus today! My local Target had one in stock so I went ahead and picked it up. 256gb, Gold, AT&T.

The gold definitely has a pinkish hue, but certainly less pink than the Rose Gold of years past...and the back of the phone has an almost creamy look to it. Either way, it looks great.

It’s stupid fast - that’s really all there is to say on that. No hiccups whatsoever, and scrolling and animations are smooth.

Build quality is quintessentially Apple, and the glass back makes the phone much easier to grip. A welcome change.

The camera is insane. It’s my first “Plus” phone with the dual camera so I don’t know how it compares to the 7 Plus, but both the regular camera and portrait mode are remarkably good. The paw-parazzi nabbed the first portrait shot:

[​IMG]

I haven’t yet purchased a wireless charger, but will be doing so within a week and can’t wait to try it.

It’s not the X, but I just wasn’t ready to give up the home button and Touch ID quite yet. The dual camera and larger screen are definitely a worthwhile upgrade from the iPhone 7, but I’ll be keeping my 7 so I can switch between form factors.

I hope everyone loves their new phones as much as I love mine!

2. Starfyre, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017

Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

I usually don't like bulldogs, but the photo you took is a really great shot! I am amazed how good your blanket looks on the underside with all the fur. Though it would be nice if the back of the blanket was not blurred if possible to adjust.

3. xxray macrumors 6502a

That photo is gorgeous. So many creme colors, just like your new phone ;)

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Bulldogs are great dogs. That one appears to be a frenchie :).

Glad you like your new phone. The plus size is really nice. I am waiting on the X.

5. MsRandall macrumors 65816

MsRandall

The picture is gorgeous- I love frenchies -they are my second favorite after the English bullies

I have a soon to be 5 year old ( his birthday is tomorrow) English Bulldog

Enjoy your phone

6. Ngamtns706 macrumors regular

Nice picture. Do you hear any crackling static on phone calls?

7. snarlz macrumors 6502

snarlz

I passed on the 8 but that’s a lovely pic! Enjoy your phone and your Frenchie.

8. sdwaltz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Glad to hear from all the fellow bulldog owners! Everyone loves a post with a picture of a dog :)

To answer your question, I have not experienced any issues with phone calls although I haven't made many. I've read about the issue and my fingers are crossed that I didn't end up with a bad unit.

9. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Congrats on your new iPhone! I love your bulldog photo! I have a long haired chihuahua.