Finally got my Core i7 15" Antiglare - Though It Isn't Quite Perfect..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kolax, Apr 21, 2010.

1. kolax macrumors G3

Went to the Apple Store and bought it. When I opened it, I noticed the screen was off centre (i.e. the screen was up and left to the bezel leaving a larger black gap on the right. I'm talking only a few mm's but it is noticeable and something my eye caught when I tried to just surf).

I took it back, exchanged it no problems and this one also has a slightly off centre display but not as bad. I'm going to use this one for the next week or so and see if it still bothers me.

Disappointed though! One of the antiglares I got last year had this issue too. I exchanged that one though the main reason for exchanging wasn't the mis-aligned display.

Is it so hard for the display to be near enough perfect in the middle?

I wonder if the black bezel Apple introduced was to hide mis-aligned displays.. because you can't really tell on the glossy. Only on the antiglare.

Anyone else with antiglare.. do you have this?

It is worth noting that both screens I had were the B7, so the store must have one batch and maybe just shoddy manufacturing from whatever person stuck the screens in.

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

The screen is more to the left leaving a bigger gap on the right than the left.

It is such a small thing, and I'm sure folk will think I'm being pathetic, but when you are looking at the screen, moving eyes left to right you do notice it! It sucks.

Hopefully I'll get used to it.. I can't be bothered with the Apple lottery (i.e. hoping you'll get a machine with no defects).

4. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Something funny going on with the attachments.. says I've added them but they won't display. I'll try again.

Attached Files:

5. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

Welcome to technology and computers it's not just Apple that you may get a defective product from it's anyone that manufactures and mass produces. In essence everyone who is anyone in the computing world.

On to your problem. My guess is it's a bad batch. For what it's worth I have an older pre ub mbp with matte and newer one with matte (both 15") and both are perfect; no mis-alignment whatsoever. If you're not happy with it bring it back until you are happy with it you paid good money for it to be as it should be out of the box.

6. tekmoe macrumors 68000

I've got the 17" i7 anti-glare and mine is somewhere similar to yours. I don't see it as an issue at all. Now if it was actually hiding part of the display on the left side of the screen then I would be upset. Are you losing any of the picture on the left side behind the bezel?

7. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

First one I had it looked close! The pixels were pretty much against the metal bezel.

This one isn't so bad, and I really hope I adjust and can not be bothered by it.

I'll see how I feel in a week's time. Would be nice for it to be bang in the middle.. my antiglare (Core 2 Duo) was bang in the middle (though that took an exchange to get one that was..).