Finally got my first scratch ):

JLH81

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Yep, I finally dinged my aluminum space gray S4. It's not horrible, but it still pisses me off. I know, it's a watch, and it's going to get some scratches, etc.

Has anyone else scratched or kicked their space gray S4? At least most SS scratches can be buffed out. Now, I regret not just getting that. Just curious what all of your knicks/scratches look like.

Also, will Apple Care plus cover this (if I really determine it's worth having it replaced/fixed)?

Thanks so much!

nnoble

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2011
Yep, I finally dinged my aluminum space gray S4. It's not horrible, but it still pisses me off. I know, it's a watch, and it's going to get some scratches, etc.
Has anyone else scratched or kicked their space gray S4? At least most SS scratches can be buffed out. Now, I regret not just getting that. Just curious what all of your knicks/scratches look like. Also, will Apple Care plus cover this (if I really determine it's worth having it replaced/fixed)?
Thanks so much!
You've taken care of it, it's happened and it will probably happen again and you've said it's not horrible, so personally I wouldn't fix or replace unless there were multiple scratches that impair viewing. A first scratch, like a first scar, comes as a relief since after you can get on without feeling so anxious about maintaining perfection.

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World

Has anyone else scratched or kicked their space gray S4? At least most SS scratches can be buffed out. Now, I regret not just getting that. Just curious what all of your knicks/scratches look like.

Also, will Apple Care plus cover this (if I really determine it's worth having it replaced/fixed)?

Thanks so much!
AFAIK, even if you take the Apple Watch to the apple store for the genius tech to look at, I believe the only option they have is to send your device in to their repot depot as they don't have a direct replacement. But I'm certain if you have applecare plus, you could use 1 of the 2 incidents you have to get it replaced? Not sure if they will since it doesn't render your watch useless and still works fine.

Yes it would just be an annoyance. I have the SSSB and been hit every wall, metal frames and not even a single dent or scratch on the body.

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
The first scratch is the best imo. After that you stop caring and just use it and enjoy it. Soon enough you wont notice the scratch or any future scratches. Don't waste an Apple Care claim on a scratch, its really not worth the hassle.

brewno

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
Montreal, Canada
If you ever decide to go to the Apple Store and have it replaced, I'd suggest you use the liquid glass protection. I have used it on day 1 when I bought mine and it's been almost a year without a single scratch (this is my 2nd apple watch, the first one i had used to have many micro scratches because I haven't used the liquid glass protection).

It really works, and surprisingly well.