Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Hey mate,

Do you play wow with all your settings on highest except shadows? Also I assume that you have had some long raiding sessions.

I returned mine cause after 30-45 min the screen would start to flicker and blackout.

I am keen to hear that people have perfectly working model, in that case i might order another one.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
You got this machine for gaming and wow???

Really?

There are so many great reasons to get this machine but that is not two of them.

For the price you could have even built a triple monitor eyefinty system that would blow the imac away in immersion for WOW.

Myself, I want osx on one of the best displays on the market to use for multiple application and maybe a little WOW. The i7 is a great choice for that.

If I was buying a computer to play wow primary the i7 would be far down the list. Value to performance.

To be fair he bought Apples best value for money gaming machine. Sadly the i7 with the 4850 is as good as it gets on a mac. You cannot seriously consider the mac pro cause they are a complete rip off for what you get.

LondonGooner

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2006
Hey mate,

Do you play wow with all your settings on highest except shadows? Also I assume that you have had some long raiding sessions.

I returned mine cause after 30-45 min the screen would start to flicker and blackout.

I am keen to hear that people have perfectly working model, in that case i might order another one.

Yes I play with most on highest. I've played for multiple hours on it, but not in a raid session (cant be bothered to install add-ons 3 days before a patch). I will play Icecrown on it this week :)

To be fair he bought Apples best value for money gaming machine. Sadly the i7 with the 4850 is as good as it gets on a mac. You cannot seriously consider the mac pro cause they are a complete rip off for what you get.

Plus im tired of gaming on a laptop :p
And WoW is 5 years old, doesnt need a super computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.