Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deanops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I am really impressed!!
it is the gratest... i opted for the mid range white!!

a few questions to get this experience going...

1. How do i file share?? i am on a wireless connection

2. How do i right click... i kow theres an option!!??

3. cut copy paste?

4. How do i access my printer... its conected via usb to the main computer (windows)

5. Anything else??!?!?

ebouwman

Cancelled
Jan 5, 2007
1. Go to System prefs > Sharing and tick the box that says Windows Sharing and then read the little blurbs on the side so you know what to do

2. To right click you press "Ctrl" and click, theres also some option in the system prefs that can make it so that if you have two fingets on the trackpad and then you click the button it'll do the right click
Thats not a default setting though

3. What about cut, copy and paste do you want to know?

4. From what i've heard you can't connect your computer to that printer, i think i've heard that you can't share a usb printer BUT
you could connect that printer to the MB and then instal "Bonjour" from apple on your Windows machine and do it that way.

5. Have fun!

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
1. How do i file share?? i am on a wireless connection
do you mean P2P, or networking?

2. How do i right click... i kow theres an option!!??
There are a couple of ways. You can hold 'ctrl' (control, between 'fn' and option) and click, or use the trackpad. To use the trackpad, go to the Apple menu (top left corner), System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse, Trackpad, and check the box which says "place two fingers on trackpad and click button for secondary click".

3. cut copy paste?
:apple:+X, :apple:+C, :apple:+V. same as a PC, just with Command instead of Control

4. How do i access my printer... its conected via usb to the main computer (windows)
Not sure about this one. If you have a router with a USB port, you can make them both access the printer easily. Have a look for printer sharing on the PC.

Enjoy your new MacBook! :)

EDIT:
also does safari have tabs??

Safari was among the first to implement tabs, but they don't show up on default. Open safari, click File, Preferences, Tabs, and check all the boxes.

ebouwman

Cancelled
Jan 5, 2007
i need to get my files off my pc and ono my mac...

shame about the printer... any fixes??

i am having real fun

To get the files off you could do what i said about enabling windows sharing then you go onto your windows computer and then i think you go into a web browser and enter \\mac's ip address\User acount name and it should tell you your IP and stuff to enter at the bottom of the system prefferences window.

Then you should just be able to dump all the files onto your mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.