Finally got my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sixtyone, Jun 27, 2008.

1. sixtyone macrumors newbie

I know there are tons of threads like this but I finally got my MBP last night... I ordered a referb 2.2 on Monday night and it arrived yesterday...

The machine is great and fast... very happy with it...

i'm thinking of picking up a Moshi palmguard however do they sell them in stores? I just want to see what it's like in person.

also, i am plan on getting a new HD for it in the next month or so, is there a guide on how to make an image of my current system to put it on the new harddrive?

2. MPHL macrumors regular

MPHL

3. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

Congrats from me as well.

Use Carbon Copy Cloner and you can make an exact bootable copy of your existing system (disk) onto the new one.

4. Eclipse97z macrumors newbie

Eclipse97z

Congradulations!

:)Awesome! Happy to hear that! I received mine on the 23rd and had to return today because of dead pixels. I just hope I get it before I relocate on July 7th.:( Anyways, happy for you on your mac arrival!

5. johngardiner macrumors regular

Congrats on your notebook! I just got my Moshi palmguard the other day and I love it so far. It's completely unobtrusive, a great material, and you seriously can't tell that it's even on the macbook pro until you see the small moshi logo on the bottom right. I totally recommend it if you keep your palms on your laptop when you're using it like I do.. it will greatly increse resale value!!! I don't think you'll find it in stores anywhere, but it ships very quickly and I was charged no duty fees here in Canada :)

6. mBurns macrumors 6502

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll love it. I don't use a Moshi palm guard. I use the Marware protection pack (incl. palm guard and keyboard cover) which they used to sell at the Apple store. They still definitely have it online and may have it in store.

7. hood macrumors member

8. bebetc macrumors member

bebetc

9. sixtyone thread starter macrumors newbie

oh nice... i'll have a look around...

i debated for a long time about getting the macbook in stead but i'm glad i went for the pro

10. TheCookie macrumors regular

TheCookie

I use the Marware, too. Seems to do its job pretty well so far... I was mostly worried about scratches caused by my metal watch, and no longer have any of those fears.

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No they don't sell the Palmguard in-store, but you can order it online direct; it's very nice and it also looks nice. It comes with a piece for the touchpad buttom as well; however I don't like the rubbery piece for the touchpad--for that I have the PowerSupport Touchpad Film.

12. sixtyone thread starter macrumors newbie

i was able to pick up the Marware protection pack at the apple store downtown...

13. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

That should be fine.

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I prefer the Palmguard... I mean I guess you have to try both to really choose ;)

15. RSC10 macrumors member

RSC10

I've had them both. Moshi wins by a mile.....

16. billmister macrumors 6502

Hey what's up man. Congrats on your MBP! I got mine i believe a month and a half ago and it's been GREAT!!.. Now that i gave my parents my iMac it is replacings my iMac and is my only computer. with 320gigs inside. I'm extremely happy.

You will love your computer. Take care of it, and i also have the Moshi Palmguard. You can't tell it's there. It's great color matching and material.