Finally got my obex case for iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Colev1, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Colev1 macrumors member

My obex case finally came in the mail and my first impressions were really good! Over all I'm very happy and I will be keeping it.

The bad: there are dots on the screen protector that are noticeable I the sun but barely (this is to stop watermarking and it does do that well) the sound is as bad as is to be expected on a waterproof case! The case doesn't snap together perfect the bottom right corner has a small gap but I'll probably just put some electrical tape over it no big deal for me.

The good: the screen protector is AMAZING I havnt had a Moment's trouble with it! The sound is fine as long as u keep it down about 3 clicks from the loudest it can go. The camera works fine. ALl the buttons work perfect. All ports are easily accessible.

2. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Just don't open the case to much. After opening and closing it a few times it will not stay closed at all. You might need some duck tape instead of electrical tape. :)

3. Colev1 thread starter macrumors member

It didn't stay closed from the beginning I've only opened it twice and I don't plan on doing it any more than that I have a strip of electrical tape about an inch long on the bottom right hand corner and it seems to hold fine plus it's not really noticeable because the case is black

4. HiRisk macrumors 6502

I say the case will only last about five or six times of installing and removing the phone before it starts falling apart.

5. Mellisaray macrumors regular

well, if possible, could you post the pics of your case.

6. Colev1 thread starter macrumors member

I think I will be sending the case back to seidio, not because I don't like it but because I have a 30 pin adapter on my docking station and the end on that cord is slightly bigger than the actual lightning cable and the adapter doesn't quite fit. This was a real disappointment for me as I use the dock lots. Maybe I'll try the atlas when it comes out if they have a big enough port opening

7. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

Ive gone through 2 cases now and both don't close at the bottom right :mad:, otherwise I absolutely love this case. Will see how the 3rd. one be, if same thing, I'll just send it back.

8. Colev1 thread starter macrumors member

Mine didn't close completely either but I just pushed it closed and put electrical tape over it, seems to hold well and nobody has said "why do u have tape on your case?" Yet so it will do fine for me

9. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

after spending almost 100. there is no way I'll be putting electrical tape over, case is not done properly, went back :(

10. Colev1 thread starter macrumors member

Mine is goin back due to the fact that it doesn't snap together right the sound is awful and my 30 pin adapter doesn't fit!

11. Willsonchen macrumors member

well, how about the price, do you think it worth the value?

12. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

if it would work, with out a question! This is by far the nicest case there is (-the water proffng).
    If you remove the ring, to close the case properly, works well.
    If you cut the bottom gortex material form mike/ speaker, work well, but than its not water proof, but water resistent :D