Finally got the Henge Dock for my MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mattfl, May 4, 2012.

1. mattfl macrumors newbie

Finally!

Ordered early this week and it came today!

Nice box!

[​IMG]

Apple like packaging

[​IMG]

The dock itself. Very sturdy and well made.

[​IMG]

Latest gen 13" MBA slides right in. Rubber coating on the inside holds it steadily in place.

[​IMG]

Desk setup

[​IMG]

Next thing I need to pickup is a set of USB speakers to get the audio cable out of there. There's a usb connection on the back of the dock as well as the monitor connection.

2. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

I've been looking at this. Does it come with the connectors already, or do you have to buy those additional adapters listed on their site?

We've been looking for a dock like setup for the MBA at our office for a little while, and the Bookendz products are just ridiculously priced. A BookArc+power adapter+DVI adapter+USB hub+monitor costs about the same as the Bookendz dock. And the Bookendz dock doesn't even include power or monitor. Can't see the justification.

3. mattfl thread starter macrumors newbie

There's no connectors needed. The MBA connects into a display port and usb passthrough connection at the bottom of the dock and then on the backside of the dock there is a displayport and usb connection.

4. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

So all I need then is the dock and a power adapter and of course an adapter to take the displayport to DVI or whatever for my monitor? Sweet. The base looked a little flimsy to me on their website, but in your pictures it's much thicker and more sturdy looking.

5. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

OP how has this been working for you? I currently use a different stand and have my MBA setup in the basement at the bar. Do you like how it operates, and is it very stable, also how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking.

6. daonesteven macrumors 6502

OP, what is that black felt texture thing on the bottom of your air?

7. mattfl thread starter macrumors newbie

The power adapter you'll need is the one you already have for your air. It's very sturdy, I'm not worried about it getting knocked off my desk at all.

----------

It's an iCarbon skin. I didn't want the bottom of the air to get all scratched up from moving it around.

----------

It's great, exactly as I was expecting it to be. I paid $60 for it and you can order them now offa their website. hengedocks.com

8. ibis99 macrumors regular

Overheat?

How well could the MBA ventilate in that thing.

9. pastormikec macrumors newbie

I also have a Henge Dock for my 11" MBA. It works well for me. I'm able to undock and go rather quickly. The first one I received had some problems and a new one was sent out immediately by Henge. Its nice looking, sturdy, and functional. It's a perfect match for the MBA. There are no overheating issues. The vertical arrangement is what drew me to this particular dock.

10. mattfl thread starter macrumors newbie

It only covers about 3 or so inch of the mac. I leave my mba on 24/7 and I haven't had any heat issues at all. In fact, I haven't even heard the fans come on since I got it.

----------

Ya I was looking for something I could undock and go quickly and this is pretty much it right now.

----------

Ya I was looking for something I could undock and go quickly and this is pretty much it right now.

11. Bikaz macrumors newbie

Have you tried it with the thunderbolt display. Cause The hengedock site shows something like "The Vertical
    Docking Station for MacBook Air
    is not compatible with
    Thunderbolt Display"

12. mattfl thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, you really dug this thread out didn't you!?

I don't have a thunderbolt display. Just an HDMI monitor and it works fine.

I'm also selling mine as I no longer use it.

13. Bikaz macrumors newbie

Hehe! No i just searched for "Macbook air with henge dock macrumors" on google and this is the only thread i found.