Finally got the IPSE - Refurb or Not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonefreak450, Apr 23, 2016.

1. iphonefreak450 macrumors regular

I got this phone from a local GSM phone shop here in Europe after waiting for 3weeks to get it, I got it finally. The phone came with the original Apple IPSE box all wrapped in plastic and sealed.
    My question is, how can I tell if this IPSE is a refurbished phone or not?
    When I opened up the box and took out the phone, there were no fingerprint smudges or any of that stuff on the phone, looked brand new. Also, I compared the phone's serial number with the serial number on the box and it matches. Apart from that, only the home button sounds a bit clunky but not too bad. Is there a good chance that my phone is a original phone that is not a refurb one?

Please note as well, that I had done a complete Reset of the phone after I opened it.

Thanks!

2. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Not possible to be refurb, if it was in retail sealed box.

3. Z3man macrumors 6502a

4. iphonefreak450 thread starter macrumors regular

Just because I bought this at a local GSM shop instead of an Apple store.
    Anyways, if it works fine, then I will not stress about it and just enjoy the phone :)

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't think anyone has refurbs yet, Apple needs time to get returns, process them through their refurbish process and distribute them. At this point I'm not sure there's sufficient returns

6. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

If you can't even tell, try not to worry about it. :p

7. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

A local shop that sells GSM phones. It's only Japan and the US that insist on the continued use of CDMA.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

I'm guessing it's more of a generic term that the OP (and maybe where the OP is from) uses to refer to a local private cell/mobile device shop (if not just a small private electronics store basically).

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you bought a new phone why would you think it might be refurbished? Do you find the store untrustworthy?