Finally Got The MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by totten76, Jun 14, 2015.

1. totten76 macrumors regular

totten76

Well after months and months of reading and wanting and saving....I finally got my MacBook Pro!

15" Pro with the AMD GPU. Can't wait to start using this thing to it's potential when I start school as an engineer in the fall. Now I just need some apps to download to get the full Mac experience. This is my first Mac ever and no more than 3 months ago I was ANTI Mac. However after doing some reading and absolutely hating Windows 8, I figured it was time for a change. The only thing I'm not in love with right now is my super slow internet and the keyboard. The keys press fine but it seems like the keys are kinda tacky to my fingertips. Maybe just need some breaking in. Any tips for a brand new Mac user?

Anyway, I'm super excited to be here and super excited to get the 15" with dGPU

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Welcome to the DARK SIDE.

Timmy is in the corner rocking back and forth in a white jacket surrounded by padded walls after returning his 10th MacBook this month, Bob is furiously posting about his UI lag, a .00005 gram dust particle just landed on John's new rMBP and he is considering a trip to the Apple Store, and we're all WAITING FOR SKYLAKE!!!11one and all somehow know when it is coming out while monitoring our batteries and posting a thread every time its overall capacity drops 1/10 of a percent.

But seriously, welcome. If you have any questions, feel free to bump your own thread (lol?) and I will try to help you out. I think the keyboard will just take some getting used to. They're different from most Windows notebooks if that is what you are migrating from.

3. itsOver9000 macrumors 6502

itsOver9000

Congrats on making the right choice. ;)

Have you setup Time Machine backup yet?

4. MacInTO macrumors 6502a

MacInTO

Yes, congrats!

Get a case/sleeve for it. Scratches on the aluminium body scream at you! :eek:

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

As someone else already noted, you've got a new computer. Make sure it is backed up! Apple makes keeping your data backed up super easy, and it's free.

6. totten76 thread starter macrumors regular

totten76

I don't have an external hard drive, so when I go to Time Machine, it just asks for an Airport Time Capsule. If I turn Time Machine on but don't plug my Macbook into any external HD, will it still make a backup?

7. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

No, the reason it wants to back up to a separate hard drive is, that in case of a hard drive failure, you still have a usable backup!

Welcome and lots of fun with your new MacBook!

Also all the apps to get the full "Mac Experience" should already be installed ;)

8. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Congrats! I'd suggest abstaining from Mac related forums for a few weeks to achieve maximum enjoyment of the Mac experience.

9. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou