Finally got the Mini 4...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kal-037, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    Finally was able to procure the funds and snag a 64GB Silver Mini 4. I had the mini 2 and loved it, but the 4 is amazing. The speakers, thinness and screen are awesome. My only gripe is the slight lagging/jaggy-ness when typing. But overall I'd say it's pretty great. It's not as smooth or zippy as my Air 2 was, but that's why I'm getting the Pro. This will do great for school or just on the go stuff.
    I do miss the smart case a bit and hopefully Zagg will have a Glass shield available soon, but overall it's pretty nifty. :)
    Anyone know if BodyGuardz glass protectors are any good or worth the price ($60+)???

Kal

2. Kal-037 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    One thing I have found is that the screen of the mini 4 seems to be just as nice as my mini 2 was. My iPod Touch 6 gen can get brighter too, and seems to be a little more on the blue/whiter tint, while the Mini 4 is a tad warmer. I'm unsure of which one is "accurate" or how does one even tell? Does someone have a screen shot of the quality difference of the Mini 2-3 and Mini 4?

Kal.

3. Faelan macrumors regular

Faelan

The screen on my Mini 4 is a bit warmer as well. White is more of a milky white but it's certainly not a yellow tint in any way, shape or form and everything looks clear, vibrant and colors look spot on in general. My guess is that it's more correct that way. Screens tend to be calibrated way too blue. Bluish white may look prettier, but I get much less eye fatigue from a warmer white, so I don't mind at all. It's the same reason why I use f.lux on my Macbook and PC. It really cuts down on eye fatigue late at night. Wish Apple would build that into iOS or at least give us a white balance setting. That would also save them some money from all the people exchanging their devices just because of that.

4. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

If you're getting typing lag I believe it's iOS 9 (earlier version).

I got the same on my iPad Air.

5. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

I didn't like the new 2 piece case at first but now I prefer being able to detach the cover whenever I'm using the mini for any extended time. I still need to get used to not picking up the mini by the cover though.

6. newellj macrumors 601

I had separate Smart Cover and backs for my iPad 2 and iPad 3 and was sort of annoyed, initially, when there wasn't an Apple equivalent for the Air. The funny thing is that I eventually came to prefer the one-piece Smart Case. One thing I don't miss about the separate cover is the marks the magnets make on the side of the iPad. When I sold my Air, you could not distinguish it from a new unit. My iPad 2 and 3 had marks where the cover had been (that were obviously hidden as long as the cover was attached).