Finally got the new iPhone... with negative black problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DJ88, Jul 14, 2008.

1. DJ88 macrumors regular

I arrived at the apple store early this morning pleased to see no lines, no waiting just walked straight in and left with the iPhone 3G. I check everything on it in the car, but stupidly forget to do the negative black test. Sure enough, once I'm home I discover this. It really sucks to have your enthusiasm crushed like that.

Anyways I made an appointment with an apple genius tomorrow and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any luck swaping out their new iPhone. Is there a good chance they'll give me a different no questions asked?

2. yode macrumors 6502

Yep. They will swap it out for free don't worry about it.

3. dr2323 macrumors member

how do you check it? Im getting mine today or tomorrow and don't want this happening to me.

4. yode macrumors 6502

www.appleservedup.com

5. webdave macrumors newbie

webdave

If you don't know how to check it you will probably never notice it and it won't be a concern for you.

6. webdave macrumors newbie

webdave

If you don't know how to check it you will probably never notice it and it won't be a concern for you.

7. michael31986 macrumors 68030

i can see the jay z album cover well. What would it look like negative?

8. spinstorm macrumors 65816

You guys don't get it do you!?

They all suck - all the screens are yellow and they are all negative black compared to the original screens - you can get them swapped but you will get exactly the same back...

Go swap it and see for yourselves!

My advice to you is just ignore the negative blacks and live with it as trying to get a good screen is impossible in my opinion!

9. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

10. mtfield macrumors 6502

Umm, I don't believe that's true... I bought mine on the 11th and the screen is much better then my gen 1 and I don't see any negative black issues.. nor do i see a drastically warmer screen... it is a bit warmer but i actually like it... so to all you who have bad screens ( i was in your boat with the gen 1) keep swapping till you find a good one... they're out there! best of luck

11. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

just ran the test...my 8gb black is all good...a little scared when I hit start test..glad my colors are good