Finally having to make an exchange at the apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfearless, Sep 17, 2008.

1. macfearless macrumors regular

i was browsing in safari yesterday and my phone froze up. upon restarting, it goes to the "connect to itunes" screen. so i wait patiently (sort of) through the rest of work, get home and restore to no avail. some error comes up "about sim being pin locked, could not recognize activation, blah" it was rather lengthy, so it's not verbatim. anyway, i feel for everyone who has had tremendous problems/exchanges with the 3g. it's just that the only problem i had with mine (besides this obvious big one) were a couple of iZits. so now who know what myriad of problems i might get with the "white box" replacement. it just sucks. thought i'd share.

2. DigMe macrumors 6502

My 3G would not see any wireless routers anywhere no matter what even though it had a MAC address. I just sent it off yesterday since I don't have an Apple store here. Nice little RMA package that they send you though...everything's included down to the packing tape to reseal the box with and a single paper clip for opening the SIM card tray. Wish it had worked properly out-of-the-box though. I hope they turn it over fast.