finally i got my iphone 4 and i like it a lot..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bo-waleed, Aug 26, 2010.

1. bo-waleed macrumors 6502

first, i know there is many other threads like this but this time for me and i don't have any problems :D

second, i have some ?s

i have version 4.0.1 so i can jailbreak but i don't know about much for jailbreaking my iphone because this is my first iphone ,so should i jailbreak ?any app are essentiel to get after jailbreaking the iphone ?

i am trying to create itunes account but itunes didn't send an email for verifying the account and every time i click 'resent email' it says make sure your computer's data is set correctly and it accepts coockies from the itunes store, how to fix this ?

oh and i am not using bumper.

2. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

3. shandyman Suspended

bumping after 20 mins? lol.

for jailbreaking, look in the Hacks section, tons of threads and info about it there.

as for the email, try your junk mail folder. make sure it has the right email address and give it time, sometimes it's not instantaneous, as you seem to not be that patient...

4. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Did you check your spam folder for the verification email?

5. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

what is this and where ??

i checked my email and there is no itunes email and i did that yesterday.

6. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Buy a case.

No, really. Buy a case.

If you aren't used to carrying an iPhone, you are going to drop it. You are going to scratch it up or worse.

Buy a case. You will thank me later.

Get a clear one if you really want people to see that you're carrying an iPhone or something. :D

After several months of carrying it in a case, and getting a feel for the phone, you could try to go without a case. But... put protectors on the screen and back. Please.

If you don't believe me, search this forum for stories about shattered, cracked, and broken iPhone 4s.

I'm on my 4th generation of iPhones here. I know what I'm talking about ... trust me.

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Essential apps?
    BiteSMS
    3G unrestricter
    Pkgbackup
    These should be a good start

As far as customizing the look of your phone? There are a ton of apps you'll want

Any app beginning with "Infini" or "5 icon"
    wallpaper is a nice one
    Lockinfo
    Iconoclasm
    Multifl0w
    Etc

You'll also want to get Ultrasn0w as this unlocks your phone as well.

8. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

cases make my ip4 look bad.

is the protecters are enough ?

9. Meyvn macrumors 6502

Not if you drop it, they're not. Anyway, jailbreakme.com should get your phone set up as far as jailbreaking, so long as you don't update to 4.0.2.

10. shandyman Suspended

it may be called junk mail folder, depending on who you get your email from, it will be on the left of your emails with the folders, like inbox, outbox,sent, etc.

11. shandyman Suspended

i just have a bumper on my iphone 4, my 3g and 2g both had the belkin one, was perfectly fine, looked good.

12. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

i checked the junk email folder and still no email.

13. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

but later doesn't always come so instead...

lol jk, couldn't help myself

but anyway, definitely buy a real case if it's your first iPhone, and maybe even consider a screen protector as well

14. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Nope. Not really. The ip4 looks the same underneath the case. ;)

You know what it looks like, what are you trying to do? Impress people? Most people have already seen an ip4 or own one. No need there. :D

That said, I had (perhaps erroneously) assumed that you had a screen protector. For the love of Jobs, go get one of those right away.

You do need one of those. As soon as you accidentally throw it into a pocket or bag with your keys, you'll be very sad at the scratches on the screen. Put a serious dent in your ability to admire your retina display.