Finally, I was ready...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wilbmeister, Mar 21, 2008.

1. wilbmeister macrumors newbie

...but Apple wasn't! I drove from my home to the Buffalo Apple store today and it took 1 and a half hours. I was finally going to buy an iphone. I walked in and said I will take a 16g phone and they were out of them. They had no real idea when they would get more in. I will probably check to see if the AT&T store has any tomorrow.

They told me that they were out because they have sold so many. Does this seem odd to anyone or do you think they are purposefully reducing inventory?

I guess I just wait a little longer.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Makes sense to me, if they hadn't sold so many then they would've had some. Selling a product is usually the number one cause of something being out of stock... ;):D

Sucks that you had to drive that far though, mind you to get to my closest proper Apple Store I'd need to somehow drive from here to Honolulu - about an eighth of the way around the planet...

EDIT: On second thoughts, if I were driving from here to Sydney (same time, 1.5hrs) I would've called ahead and asked them to put one aside.

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I doubt they would purposely reduce it at this point. It seems like they'd want to sell as many as they could. Tough luck about driving that far, though.

4. camarobh macrumors 6502

When my son recently decided to buy a 16GB iPhone all the Apple stores in San Diego were sold out. I remembered that the AT&T stores also sell them, and the local stores had plenty. Don't know if that is an option for everybody, but it worked for us.

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Tip No. 1: When driving 90 minutes to buy a product, call first to make sure they are in stock. :)

I was going to go driving around here looking for the refurbs, but instead I just called a few stores and saved about $5 in gas.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

AT&T stores are definitely your best bet. Apple store is where everybody and their mom who wants an Apple product is going to run first. My local Apple store is always short on their stock and the first AT&T store I called had 8 gigs, 16 gigs, and the 8 gig refurbs.