Finally its here, the F1 montage i have been working on

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bluap84, Jul 31, 2011.

1. bluap84, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011

bluap84 macrumors 6502

http://vimeo.com/27098692

please take a look, and give your honest opinions. Without you guys and your help, i dont think this would of looked as good so i thank you

enjoy..

PS: spread the word! if you like it

2. namethisfile macrumors 6502a

namethisfile

it's alright. i think that you succeeded in what you were trying to do, which was to cut to music. i wish you could have incorporated more live sound though like the crowd, the engines, the announcers--i think that would have added to your piece.

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

agreed could have used a little more cow bell :p (nat sounds)

4. musique macrumors regular

musique

Nice job. Exciting video.

Was the footage from something like an HD TiVo or did you actually get it from the BBC? If you got it from the BBC what was the original material size you were cutting? (It's so hard to know on the net because of file size and compression issues.)

5. DisMyMac macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

Very good... I'm partial to the 1st person view in the driver seat.

From 0:30 to 2:00 gets a bit repetitive. I'd use a shorter song (or carefully trim the one you have) and cut that portion down to just 30 seconds or so.

6. bluap84 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the feed back, im going to cut the German GP next as Lewis won that and im a big lewis fan. So going to take all your comments on board and try and implement them

7. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I'm sure it was very good, unfortunately, Vimeo have removed it due to copyright stuff. :rolleyes:

8. jotade11 macrumors regular

Yeah, it sounds cool. I would love to see it (I'm a big racing fan), so if you can re-upload it, or perhaps upload it to a site like Rapidshare, that would be awesome! If not, no sweat. :)

9. bluap84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea im rather pissed about that actually. As there are other F1 stuff on Vimeo yet theyre still standing. I dont know why or how though... :(

but i have uploaded it to my dropbox so depending on your internet download speed you can see it. the link is here.

10. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

It's nice but I agree that it's missing some ambient sounds. One of the best aspects of F1 is the sound that the cars make.

Also since you watch the UK feed I'm sure you have seen the equivalent of your edit that the BBC does at the end of each race. Whilst they are not perfect given the limited time they are able to complete it the story flows better than yours as they use DCs and Brundles commentary to help tell the story.

The difficulty with your edit is actually figuring out who is infront at what point and how actually close it is.

Good sound bites that I can think of for that race would be along the lines of:

"there off"

"One of the hardest circuits for overtaking"

"Vettels got a comfortable lead"

"Hamilton was just too aggresive on that attempted pass"

"I bet Barrichello will be happy overtaking his old team mate"

"That will have to be a safety car"

"They've red flagged the race!"

"This will be a fight to the finish for Vettel, Alonso, & Button"

"He's done it again" Followed by the team radio after Vettel finished along the lines of "That's what I'm talking about!"

Just having these short little soundbites will enable you to get a better idea of what is happening in the race otherwise the only indication that time is passing is the lap indicator at the top of the screen.

It's a good edit though and I look forward to seeing the next!

11. mBox macrumors 68020

All the above are good tips.
    I for one would like secondary shots to break up the racing angle.
    My thoughts are cu of tires spinning, engines, back of F1 with smoke, etc....
    It would also be nice if you had dashboard shots within the racing car as well.
    I know this might be too tall of an order given how you obtained the clips but something to think about in the future :)

On a side note, I have a family in Monaco and would love to witness an F1 race ;)