Finally, iTunes movies in Canada

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by akirady, Mar 28, 2008.

1. akirady macrumors newbie

Was just browsing on iTunes and noticed movies are now available in Canada for rental. $2.99 for the older ones and $3.99 for new releases, same deal as US I guess. Finally, a reason to buy an Apple TV...

2. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

Now if we could just get broadband up here.... :p:p:p

3. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

no? u are just browsing the usa store?

4. akirady thread starter macrumors newbie

wow, how did that happen?
    guess the excitement was too much, didn't realize I had somehow gotten onto the usa store. figured there would be some sort of an official announcement... oh well, sorry for getting your hopes up, hopefully movies ARE coming in the near future...

5. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

what were do u live theres brodband every where in canada even in the country now:p

6. altmac macrumors member

beginner question...

So if i am down in the US...could I download stuff from the US store via wifi?
    Or am I stuck with limited content if living in Canada?
    Any ideas?

7. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

It really only matters where your itunes account is registered. Like if you gave a US address, you will automatically be directed to the US itunes store. If you have a CAN account but get a US wifi signal you're still directed to the CAN site. I have two so thats how I do it. Here the catcher though, if you have an US account, you cannot buy a canadian card because the card can tell where its from and won't be redeemable on the US side. So thats if your travelling.

8. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

who even downloads and buys movies from itunes its a pointless waste of money i just download them and watch them on my ps3 then delete them after if i don't want them