Finally joined the 1 in 3 club.....

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Aug 17, 2009.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well it had to happen...........

My 360 decided to die today :rolleyes:

I'd consider myself lucky, except its a launch 360 and hence no longer covered by 'ANY' warranty.

So i'm going to go and grab myself a 360 Arcade Pack with Jasper 2moro. Just as I had started playing sam and max, and grown increasingly addicted to Trials HD :(:rolleyes::)

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Call them up anyway MRU. I have heard from a lot of people they just honor the warranty anyway. And Trials is way better on PC :p and cheaper

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That sucks. On a happy note, you're getting a new one. :)

How do they handle downloaded content on a dead 360? Can someone just call Microsoft and have them transfer any permissions to the new 360 while locking out the old one? Or is their an online way of transferring the licenses?

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

You can do it online at xbox.com I believe :) simply by putting down the serial of new console and it pairs your gamertag and game purchases to it...

sikkinixx - I did ring them, unfortunetly 9 months out of 3 year warranty was a little too long over. They did offer to repair for reduced price, but really don't see the point in that when I can go to gamestop and get a jasper arcade model for €140 and the repair would cost nearly as much.

5. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

On the bright side :)

Broadband only arrived here at the same time as the 360 (Dec 2005).
    We were getting 1.5mb and it has remained that way for the last 3.5 years.

The day my 360 died...... they offered us new speeds of 4mb down for the same price.... typical :)

At least PSN & Live won't be so slow to get stuff from now...

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

First off - that connection is ridiculous (or is it ours that is?). I live near a big city in the UK yet BT says our line can go at 0.256mbps, even though it's 0.6 at the moment. But GRRRR. :mad: Bloody BT. :mad:

And my condolences to your 360! But I wouldn't worry too much about the content being tied to your system. My brothers Xbox died a few months back so he bought an Elite, stuck his HDD on my Xbox and used a memory card to ferry his files back. No license transfers or anything else required.

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

dude 4 mb? 256kb? REALLY? Ow... I'm whining 15mb down is too slow sometimes :p

8. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Wow, 4mbps? I had that like, 4 years ago. I'm now just barely hitting 2MBps, which is amazing.

Anyway, good choice on grabbing a Jasper system. If you get MS to repair it, it'll just die again. :rolleyes:

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well we're getting 40-60mbps connections later this year so I can't complain too much. :p

10. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ 4mb to me is amazing..... Finally Ireland is where everyone was 2 years ago :D

Yep. I picked up a Jasper Arcade model today. Came with Sega Superstar Tennis, Extra Wireless Controller & Kung Fu Panda / Indiana Jones bundle. Pretty decent deal, and most importantly...... It's so much quieter than my old 360. Transfered my purchases no problem online - everything working great.

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Thats good to hear MRU...hopefully it be your last rrod.

Question: did you delete me off your friends list...I cant seem to find you.

Bless

12. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

M$ deleted the whole lot a couple months back when there was an account mix up on their part. Add me again matey SCRAPLAND :) I think only Jimmi is on there at the moment.

13. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

A likely excuse :p

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm sorry to say this MRU, but I have others on my list. You should have said if this was an exclusive thing, y'know?