Finally Mac-abled!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hohohong, Mar 18, 2009.

1. hohohong macrumors 6502

I've being wanting to switch from the dark side (PC) since dec 2006.

In summer 2007, when apple update MBP plus free iPod deal, I took the plunge! But I was having screen issue even after replacement. In the end, I returned it and decided to wait for next update.

Early 2008, MB Air was introduced but nothing significant for MBP. So, I waited for summer free ipod deal again. But no update in summer, and at that time there's rumour going on about new design. So, I waited again.

In Oct 2008, finally, a new design!! 3 days after announcement, I made my purchase of 2.8 MBP,....

But,....... 1 week later,..... someone broke into the car and stole it during my business trip!!!

I was heart broken,... broke,... unable to make another purchase for a while,......

Ever since, I've being checking Craigslist for cheap, gently used MBP,....

Until last week,.... i finally bought my 2.4 MBP.....

I should have bought a Mac long time ago,... it's really a joy using Mac!

Moral of the story: Don't wait if you're financially ready!,.... I could have being enjoying a Mac since Dec 2006,....

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Wow! All that waiting and it gets stolen within a week. Glad you finally have a Mac and hopefully one that doesn't get stolen.

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

wow you should send this story to Steve Jobs. You will have him in tears by the end of it haha

4. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

WOW dark side (pc) :eek:,
    where is that...?:p

5. bossxii macrumors 68000

Holy cow! That's a story of dedication! Congrats on your new Mac :)

After the part where your Mac was stolen I was like damn! All that time and poof, poor forrest haha, no clue why but sounded iike a Forrest Gump moment :)

And yes I almost cried when the laptop was stolen :( hah great story

6. hohohong thread starter macrumors 6502

I've being coming to this forum almost like 3-4 times a week since Dec 2006 to keep myself updated on new apple products, rumours. June 2007 when I was ready to get my MBP and want to post to ask questions.

I must say, there're a lot of nice people is this forum who really want to help others!

Thank you all for being so helpful!! :)

PS. For me, I think PC as the dark side.

7. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

Congratulations, and welcome.

Sad to hear about your stolen notebook, but happy for you now that you have fully joined the Mac community for good.

I love stories like these, and yes your right - there's a great bunch of people on here.

Enjoy, and look after it with your life!! :)

8. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Welcome to the real dark side! We Mac users are much more evil than Windows users, that's why in reality we are the dark side!

No, just kidding (kinda ...) :p
    Sad to see you had your Mac stolen within a week though! I would probably have gone so crazy (like when my lovely 2G Nano drowned. I still miss it even though I have the 4G <3)
    Anyway, like you said, there are some people here that actually want to help others and not just flame and/or complain :p so feel free to ask if you need anything!

9. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

I wonder how many people that get their macs stolen out of their car-A. have it sitting out in the open for everyone to see or B. have one or more of those apple stickers on their window. Apple sticker w/ stickers that came with your stereo = contents listing

10. johan.k macrumors regular

Thank God... Better than never... :p