Finally made my decision and ordered my iPhone 5 set up. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by michaelfields, Jan 28, 2013.

1. michaelfields macrumors regular

I ordered the black power support iPhone 5 flat bumper
    Mime HDT-C
    And Spigen aluminum buttons (just for the black)

Anybody have any knowledge about the mime/ps flat bumper combo?

I'm hoping it fits together.

2. bananataffy macrumors member

they should fit together nicely.

and great taste on the selection, Power Support bumper/case and glass screen protector is the way to go if you want the sleekest look with ample protection.

3. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

It's gonna looks sweet!

Also, more glass screen protector competition! Hoping it eventually drives the price down even more.

4. michaelfields thread starter macrumors regular

I've spent way too much time searching for a set up that protects without losing the aesthetics of this phone (because it looks so great).

I'm hoping it looks the way I think it will. Definitely can't stop refreshing those tracking pages though haha

----------

I was actually planning on the glas-tr until I saw the Mime HDT-C two days ago. Seems like the exact same thing (except I read it wasn't as easily scratched) but for cheaper plus the half price replacement deal sold me on it.

5. TaEbOm, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013

TaEbOm macrumors member

Nice setup. I just ordered the white/satin ps flat bumper for my white iPhone. I also just got the sgp glas.tr. I love the way the back skin feels that came free with it. I heard the back protector that comes with the bumper is a thicker zagg type skin. If you're not using the extra silver aluminum button could I maybe throw you a few bucks for it? ;)

Here's a review about the bumper and a glass screen protector that showed how they go together. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qvs6D_Y3ycY

6. foam macrumors member

Where did you order the black power support bumper from?

7. michaelfields thread starter macrumors regular

http://chuwajapanimports.wazala.com/?page=product_det&id=114423#browseproducts-id%3D114423

I used the 'THATTECHSHOW' discount code so it was like 58 total. The case is only 28 with it but shipping is still 30 because it's in Japan.

8. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

9. michaelfields thread starter macrumors regular

That was my exact thoughts and why I didn't order it for the past month. Just kept looking and the crap sides of the phone kept chipping so I finally said screw it and swapped my phone out for a new one and ordered it.

10. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Just watched a video on the MIME HDT-c, and it looks like a better value than any other glass screen protector! I will most likely buy one soon!

11. IXDoubleDXI macrumors regular

Can't confirm if they're authentic, but there seems to be a few PS Bumpers on Amazon now. I don't recall seeing any a few weeks ago. Most are w/Prime and under $50.

12. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I have the MIME alias bumper and a slip stopper on the rear of my iPhone 5. I think I may also pul the trigger and get the MIME glass screen protector. Their bumper is true to form as well with very precise cut outs. Check it out