Finally made my switch to mb and thanks to all

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by weipim, Nov 21, 2008.

1. weipim macrumors newbie

Hi everyone.
    After lurking on MR for a while, I finally made up my mind and switched over to a mbp. After went back and forth several time on which product, i purchased the previous generation of macbook pro, although a very basic model c2d 2.4g 2gb and 86gt 256mb. Personally i preferred this design over the new unibody, however i understand it is a matter of taste. Personally, the glossy screen is one of the major fact that pulled me behind of choosing it. I admit the price had a big influence on my purchase, since there is no huge leap on performance wise, i think saving myself a couple hundreds in this economic time is crucial.

everything looks great on this machine since now, i have to admit i got a little bit paranoid by reading too many posts about how many problems there are on this model. It is very quiet compared to my two years old t60, and the experience on os x is just more than amazing, can't believe myself that i have tolerated windows for so long...

I love how clean is this system and everything looks just so good now. Still adapting myself to the new OS X but it's only about enjoying it. I think the os x and mbp is more than just computer and software, but even a change to my normal lifestyle.

-a happy newbie

2. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

Hope this wasnt a choice over Glossy vs Non-glossy. Congrats on your new MBP.

3. weipim thread starter macrumors newbie

hey!

thanks for replying to my second post on this forum haha

Actually i have no intension to bring up this controversy once more.
    I just think the matte suit me better due to the places i will bring it.

4. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Congratulations, hope you enjoy it! If all goes according to plan, I will sell my last gen MBP today (2nd machine in my sig). I'm kind of sad to send it off :( Oh well, the unibody suits me.

5. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

I'd reply but I can't see anything because of the glossy screen and all. :rolleyes:

6. weipim thread starter macrumors newbie

haha well i guess we still have to move on one day. I might get the unibody if I could've have enough money to buy the high end. but this machine was on sale brandnew for 14 hundred, i guess it's pretty hard to beat this deal.

again, i'm glad every one find their machinexD

dang, while typing this paragraph, i keep hitting on shift to switch from chinese to english input, need to get use using the cmd key frequently haha

7. aleni macrumors 68000

your machine is awesome. don't regret about buying it over the unibody, because it's still rocking. and u can get 4gb of ram cheaper for it since DDR2 is not expensive unlike the DDR3.

8. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Hi, and welcome to the world of Mac...:cool:

You made a good choice of a very successful, popular and classic Mac. At a nice savings. Just a few months ago folks would have salivated at the prospects of your MBP for $1400. You are going to have fun discovering all the things that make computing Mac-style what it is.

Congrats.

9. convergent macrumors 65832

convergent

I basically just did the same thing... thought about the unibody, but saved a bundle on a 2.6Ghz last generation. Just got it a couple of days ago and love it. I do think I would have liked the new touchpad better, but not for the $$$ difference. The rest of it I love. Just loaded Fusion yesterday to try and get some Windows only things going. That is SO cool. I actually cheated on the overall move to Mac and picked up a used PowerMac to test the water first, but now am going "all in".

10. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Great choice, great machine u will love it! Don't worry about all the negative posts of problems, most of us are entirely satisfied with their MBP's and have no issues.

11. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Welcome to the world of Mac, and indeed to the forum, and congrats on your splendid new MBP. May both you and your MBP live long and prosper together. It's a superb machine - I have one - so go and enjoy it.

Cheers and good luck

12. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31