Finally, MMS on iphone 2G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by billzebubb, Dec 29, 2009.

1. billzebubb macrumors newbie

After many trials and tribulations I finally have full MMS on my 2G iphone on t-mobile. I want to post what worked for me so maybe i can save someone else some time and a whole lot of aggravation. First I added the ifoneguide repo to cydia (cydia.ifoneguide.nl) and downloaded nativemmsiphone2G and rebooted. This gave me the extra mms options in settings and the camera on my texts. After searching for the correct apns and mms settings i found i could send mms but not recieve them. After trying every possible combination unsuccesfully i finally went back to cydia. I downloaded a t-mobile carrier support pack (search cydia for "legacy" and choose the first one "t-mobile US-postpaid") and it populated the correct settings into the mms fields. Then i rebooted the phone and that was it. I can now send and recieve picture messages. The pictures are decent quality and are not blurry.
    Here are the settings I have for mms. These are located at settings>general>network>cellular data network :
    Cellular Data APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username-blank
    Password- blank
    MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username- blank
    password- blank
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 9999999
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

I hope this helps

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

MMS on 3gs

COOL I put you setting and downloaded the file for tmobile post/paid and got the MMS to work on my 3gs!!! Thanks!

Edit: for other users, you should change the title to 2g and 3gs of the thread for others to search and get this solution.

I skipped the step where I had to download the file to enable mms on 2g, but downloaded the file for tmobile. then filled in the steps like you posted on to the required fields and it work!

4. C.Nelsen macrumors newbie

I cant add the repo

I get an error message when i add the repo and i cannot add native mms2g for some reason it says host unreachable and cached failure, im pretty bummed, i thought you had my solution.

5. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

maybe the host is down? try restarting your device or trying later. I successfully uploaded the mms file on a 2g iphone, a 3g, and two 3gs, all on tmobile usa of course.

6. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

just to update this...

friends 3g has no data plan. so i enabled mms accidentally by downloading the tmobile settings (like the op recommended), then filled everything out but leaving the apm fields in the cellular data and the mms data blank. he receives them now!

7. cdfarrar macrumors newbie

cdfarrar

It also works on a 2g with 3.1.2(JB/UL,tmobile). Thanks for all the post and links here.