Finally ordered a 15" unibody MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bthom70, Jan 18, 2009.

1. bthom70 macrumors member

I've been sitting on the fence to order a new unibody MBP to replace my 15" 1.67 G4 Powerbook. I found Macmall to be the cheapest to buy the MBP and was able to throw in a copy of Parallels 4.0 and VMware Fusion 2.0 after rebate they'll cost me only $20. Have a 320gb 7200 drive to replace the stock drive and have another 2gb ram chip to add in. I can't wait to get this baby running.

I know many of us have been waiting to purchase because of the upcoming and Apple anniv. and WWDC but I needed a MBP sooner and will have to suck it up should a newer model be revealed in the next few weeks.
    My G4 has served me well, it was purchased 2 months before the first MBP were unveiled in 2006. I've waited anxiously to get an Intel machine but held out, now I'll be able to run my apps faster and not worry about flash apps maxing my G4 cpu.

2. bthom70 thread starter macrumors member

yeah, my MBP finally arrived today with my parallels and fusion software
    I ran into a little issue replacing the hard drive. My first time, I had issues getting OSX reinstalled, after a little research I discovered I had to use the disk utility to format/repair the drive.
    Apple should make it a little easier to install a new drive.
    Installing OSX now,then all the updates and Parallels so I can install Windows 2008 server, XP and Vista for my testing and MS cert classes.

3. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68020

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    We love ours, bought from the same place, the glass track pad is amazing:cool:very:cool: