Finally ordered me a new iPad !

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kmanmx, Apr 10, 2012.

1. kmanmx macrumors 6502

Finally decided on ordering the new ipad. Ordered it from my favorite site for PC Parts, Ebuyer.com - they usually have extremely quick delivery. I ordered at 10pm on the 10th April, and paid £11 for delivery on the 11th later today.

So that was exciting. Then I checked my order status, and noticed it had been flagged for a security check, which will delay my order 48 to 72 hours :mad:

I wouldn't mind but they have already took my £400, and I paid a premium for next day service.

I've dropped them an email already and am expecting some kind of refund for the delivery cost.

I just hope the new iPad is now worth the 3 day wait :)

2. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

Congrats. Its a nice shiny toy to add to the Apple family of products!

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

That sucks. I'd definitely demand a shipping refund. Nevertheless, enjoy it when you do get it.

4. Cubeeless macrumors regular

Cubeeless

5. kmanmx thread starter macrumors 6502

I would of but it's a 2 week wait. The shop I used I have spent many thousands with before and they have been 100% reliable with a good returns possible.

Yep, it sucks alot. Really annoyed me..

6. AmyK macrumors member

I hate when that kind of thing happens. I just ordered parts for my hubby's Jeep and he got a back order email... It just sucks!!

I take it you are not near a retail store?

7. kmanmx thread starter macrumors 6502

Fairly close, actually. About 6 miles away into town. I took a look at one there, but I am quite a tall guy and the table is fairly low down - so the ipad is probably 30 or 40inches away from my face, so it was hard to get a real idea of the retina display.

I would of bought one from a retail store too, but they are all out of stock in my area. They clearly haven't had any or many new shipments since release, good stock was available in near retail stores for about 3 or 4 days after release, but have slowly got worse.

I am trying to take this delay as a good thing, though. I figured just after I ordered it that I would like a case, and maybe a stand too. So now I will spend some time finding a quality case under £60. I'd love an all metal stand that would allow me to rotate the ipad and tilt it forwards and backwards.. but they appear to be few and far between with some quick research :(

8. Timoke6 macrumors member

Congratulations with your iPad, you won't regret it!:)

9. ewo1992 macrumors regular

ewo1992

Aww that sucks, but its worth the wait. Hope you get the refund.

10. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

It is definitely worth the wait. You will love it. Congrats on your new iPad.

11. kmanmx thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone, can't wait :)

Ebuyer.com refused to give me a delivery refund for various reason. But whatever, the Security Check delay has already been cleared, and they did agree to upgrade my generic next day 9am to 5pm delivery to an Express AM courier which I prefer as they take much better care of the parcel or package.

So it should arrive within 12 to 18 hours :D

12. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

Waiting for new Apple stuff is agonizing. I always have mine shipped to work, and I love getting the message from the receptionist that my new toy just came in.

13. OneBigFatNinja macrumors member

I'm as impatient as the next guy so that delay on the order would make my blood boil too. I have had mine since launch weekend and as I've never had an iPad before I was unsure what to expect. I love it though: use it everyday and much more often than my Dell laptop now. Don't think it's been turned on in over a week. You'll love it no doubt.

14. kmanmx thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, waiting for stuff sucks a lot. Atleast it's only been 2 days. Better than when you preoder new Apple products and have to wait 7 to 14 days. Those are pretty long weeks..

15. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I ordered my iPhone 4 a month after release. Big mistake. Had to wait another month+ for it to arrive. Ordered my iPad 2 a month after release, had to wait 6 weeks for it to arrive.

DID NOT want to have the same problem this time, so I pre-ordered the new iPad the second I was able. But it turned out that this time hitting F5 on my browser over and over until the website worked was completely pointless as the pre-order didn't sell out until that weekend.

16. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I hate waiting also esp when u pay for expedited shipping. Hope it arrives soon!

17. kmanmx thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, it's on track for shipment early tommorow morning UK time :) Though slightly worryingly it has yet to be picked up from the warehouse, though I know Ebuyer.com dispatch as late as 1am so not to worry quite yet..

18. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Nice! Update us on screen quality etc!

19. kmanmx thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, it arrived about 15 hours ago along with the Griffin A-Frame. But I have been busy most the day so only got to play with it 6 hours ago, being busy for 9 hours while the iPad sat in it's box was painful :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried the new iPad in store, and thought the screen was good. So I wasn't hugely excited. But I opened it up and got the usual satisfaction one gets from opening any new Apple product. And then I proceeded to power it on, the apple logo appeared.. then I got to the setup. Holy crap ! :D This screen looks 100x better up close and personal :eek:

I got through the setup to the home screen, and that stock retina wallpaper just looked like nothing I had ever seen before. It was so perfectly smooth, it was like an illuminated picture out of a photography magazine. I found it pretty amazing, after the initial 10 seconds of amazement at the sharpness, I reminded myself of the supposedly improved saturation and larger color gamut. So I fired up some pictures, and wow ! everything looked great. But not in an unrealistic overly colourful way. I proceeded to take a picture using the camera, and no joke, the camera and screen combination got the colour spot on - it was identical to the real thing, I held the picture side by side to the object and was dumbstruck at the color accuracy. I'm a keen photographer, so this means a lot to me. I couldn't believe a display which costs apple $60 and a camera which costs them $20 would get such accurate results. I have a calibrated monitor, and I do not hesitate to say the iPad, well mine atleast, is more accurate.

That leads me onto another point. I appear to be one of the lucky ones, my iPad screen is great. There is a very slight color tinge, so slight I can't tell if it's yellow or pink - it's almost imperceptible. Apart from that it is pretty flawless as far as I can tell so far.

Text heavy webpages are lovely, they are so easy to read now. And retina updated apps are also looking great, it's almost worrying how quickly the graphics are approaching console quality. And in some regards such as sharpness due to the new display, actually exceeding them.

The new speaker seems a lot better too, which is nice :) Sorry I banged on about pretty much nothing except for the screen, but thats what it was always about for me. And to see it meet and in some ways exceed my expectations is something I never thought would happen.

20. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Congrats! That's one of the first things I noticed was the speaker was louder.

21. barryl85 macrumors regular

After reading this I am super excited for tomorrow as I am awaiting delivery of mine and I have paid £3 extra on delivery to have it delivered on a Saturday !