Finally ordered my first MAC!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LedZepp81, Apr 4, 2008.

1. LedZepp81 macrumors newbie

LedZepp81

After being a windows only user for my whole life I came to the realization that a MAC would be better for me. Vista really was the straw that broke the camels back, I'm a photographer and do some graphic works as well and using creative suite just sucked. Here's what I got:

2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    MacBook Pro 17-inch Hi-Res WS
    2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
    250GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm

I already have 4GB of RAM I ordered from OWC waiting for it.

Thanks everyone for your help with my decision making for this. I never really bugged anyone with question, just reading everyone’s posts helped out alot.

But I do have a question now...
    I went with the 2-3 day shipping, will that help me get it any faster or was it a waste of money? (I've been waiting 7 months to order:eek:)
    I'm in Ohio BTW

Thanks

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

My first tip for a new Mac user: it's a Mac, not a MAC. ;)

Hope you enjoy the new MBP! It's a lovely machine.

3. 119576 Guest

Congratulations on purchasing your first Mac (not a MAC) ;)

As far as shipping goes; I went with standard shipping and got it the next day...But a lot of the time, the 2-3 day option is useful.

4. LedZepp81 thread starter macrumors newbie

LedZepp81

Got ya :D

5. DataThief macrumors member

6. Mojoseph macrumors newbie

I just got mine a few days ago as well. LOVE IT. Makes me angry for ever buying a pc. Windows is just terrible now. As for all of these problems everyone is having; the only one i had was the xp sides audio hissing, which has since been fixed. Great machine. I have the 2.6 penryn 200gb 7200rpm. Just ordered more ram for it today. This thing destroys everything i have thrown at it. Enjoy yours.

7. ceehjayem macrumors regular

Congratulations on your new purchase! I have two friends that just purchased their first macs this week and they call me off the hook on how excited they are about their purchase. I made the switch back in 2000 and have never looked back since. :D

8. mayassa macrumors regular

Just ordered mine also, I can hardly stand the wait!

2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    MacBook Pro 17-inch GL Hi-Res WS
    2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
    200GB Serial ATA @ a little faster rpm

I already have 4GB of RAM also, came in from buy.com in 1 day, made by crucial memory. 2gig 29.00 After 10.00 rebate x 2 total 58.00

I checked delivery with the extra cost it said mine would get here 1 day early on thursday vise friday so I kept my 15 bucks......

I should have paid the extra 15.00 !:)

9. Mikey- macrumors regular

Congratulations, I'm sure you'll like your new Mac rather than your old computer :)

10. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

11. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Congrats on your MacBook Pro! They are amazing machines, and i'm sure you'll be much happier with that than any Windows machine. :)

12. LedZepp81 thread starter macrumors newbie

LedZepp81

Thanks guys...I'm so pumped. Hope I don't have the screen issues.

Anyone else have experience with 2-3 day shipping??

13. mayassa macrumors regular

Let me know when yours comes in they are probably sitting in the same line waiting to be born:)

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Congrats. Stop looking for problems and start enjoying it.

15. Oldhamer macrumors newbie

Congratulations

You bought a great machine. For business reasons, I have to use a Windows XP machine at work (my IT group is certainly smart enough not to touch Vista), which feels clunky and severely outdated - sort of like using an old rotary dial phone. At home it is back to the much more modern world of my MBP. Enjoy it.

16. catachip macrumors regular

catachip

For computers, I always get the fastest shipping. On a $2300 purchase, what's an extra $20? I always think, well, less time in the back of some FedEx truck is less of a chance of being damaged.

Enjoy your Mac!

17. catachip macrumors regular

catachip

I always wonder why those recent converts to the Mac think it's "MAC". None of the advertisements or anything are like that, they are always "Mac". It's a bit weird. Of course, the number of bizarre variants of iPod that I see, even in the news media "IPod" and "IPOD" and "ipod" should tell you something.

Oh yeah, and to the original poster: it's pronounced OS "Ten" not OS "Echs" - the "X" is a roman numeral for 10. I made that mistake when I first switched - if you go right into OS "Ten" then you'll gain instant street cred.

18. mayassa macrumors regular

I just checked mine is out for delivery.

Ordered Thurs night after midnight shipped Sat and I leaving work now to go home!

I cant wait!!!

19. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Maybe they're just REALLY EXCITED! :D

20. mayassa macrumors regular

Just made it home in time to sign for my 17" beauty, I popped my 4 Gigs in and dropped the 2Gigs that came with it in my daughters vista machine she did tell me hers was really fast now(Ha Ha).

21. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Dont even get me going on the shipping thing.

My experiences with free shipping or "ground" is like the guys from Dumb and Dumber on their mini-scooter crossing the country with my MBP under their arms at ten miles an hour!

It was a Horrid wait - 2 weeks. I'll NEVER go with free shipping for something I'm dying to get.