Finally ordered..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gothiquegirrl, Feb 13, 2008.

1. gothiquegirrl macrumors regular

gothiquegirrl

Well after going back and forth on the iMac v Macbook debate... I bit the bullet and bought a iMac from the refurb store. I figure I can apply the saving to some software or accessories...

I hope I don't have as many problems with Leopard as some are having.. I'm so used to being trouble free with Tiger..

Anyway, I'm excited.. and i thought i'd share!

Ang

2. ItTakesII macrumors member

ItTakesII

That's awesome! Congratulations :D I am going to be so excited when I buy my Macbook, I know how you must feel :D :apple:

3. catfish743 macrumors 6502

catfish743

i love my imac
    can't wait til i buy a macbook for portability
    if anyone knows any out there for sale used contact me!

4. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

I was in the same situation a few months ago and ended up with the MacBook and I'm still happy with my decision Hopefully you will be too.

5. gothiquegirrl thread starter macrumors regular

gothiquegirrl

Thanks!

I do plan on getting a macbook to replace my Vista laptop next year, too.

For now.. I figured I already had something to tote around with me.. so I could get "more" for my money with a desktop.

good luck to you on your upcoming macbook!

Maybe we can ichat sometime! LOL
    :p

Ang

6. ItTakesII macrumors member

ItTakesII

Yeah the iMac sounds excellent but I have to share my this PC desktop with everyone else in the family and it is like in the living room so there is no privacy. I would love to have a Macbook I could just use it in my room and my parents wouldn't even know if I am up late or not hahahaha But yeah I am a bit far from my goal so far. I still have to save up like $850 more unless I buy a refurb.

7. gothiquegirrl thread starter macrumors regular

gothiquegirrl

I feel ya... I remember when I lived at home with my parents. We didn't have a PC back in those days... but I remember saving up for a TV/VCR combo for my room so I could watch what I want. Crap! I'm old..:p - When did that happen!

Seriously, that's why I have a laptop. So I don't have to share my PC with my Husband. I work from home.. and I don't like to hear him whine at me about how he NEEDS to play WoW when i'm doing something important.. :mad::DLOL

Trust me... before this laptop it was pretty rough around here with 1 desktop PC and a 10year old imac!

Ang

8. ItTakesII macrumors member

ItTakesII

hehe Well I am only 15 :p And boy does this computer suck, it goes pretty slow (except it goes a little faster now that I switched from FireFox to Safari :D ). But yeah I am sure the Macbook will be amazing. I have spent like hours at an Apple store playing with their Macbooks heheh :apple: FTW!