Finally, perfect hosting!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by delude, May 14, 2009.

1. delude macrumors 6502

After a good few months of switching hosts in order to try and find one that actually loaded my iWeb site (not even worrying about the price) I came across Vidahost, and am happy to say they are perfect!

My site runs smoothly as ever, and the hosting only cost £17.60 for a full year! Every query I have had, even about coding within iWeb they have helped me with, keeping consistently friendly and professional and even offering to try it out on their Macs.

Really chuffed :D

You can get an additional 10% off the price of any of their packages if you use the code 'REWARDGUIDE' at the checkout (Vidahost - Friendly UK Web Hosting)

2. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Nice to know however i do not see myself using them, they do not state the OS there server run nor can i find any information on PHP or Ruby support.
    And though i pay £140 a year for my hosting that gives me 10 domains, 5 SQL databases, Unlimited bandwidth, 40GB storage, Linux servers, and it is there the fastest i have tried.

3. delude thread starter macrumors 6502

Fair enough I guess, but for a single site like mine the £17 option is great! The other options seem pretty decent as well, so I will look into upgrading if I get a few more sites on the go soon.

The Operating System is Linux, as said in cPanel :)

EDIT: Just noticed this thread on their forum where it does indeed confirm Ruby support http://forum.vidahost.com/showthread.php?t=7

4. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Well that is a little better then but this information should be more prominent and using there own speed test they are much slower that Fast2Host whom i suggest you take a look at. http://www.fast2host.com/

5. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

I use Slicehost. I pay $20/month, but they give me a blank Linux box, and I can do what I want with it. Also, they provide a front-end on their site to control DNS and Reverse DNS.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Perfect hosting... haha, good one ;-) Glad you found one you're happy with though.

7. delude thread starter macrumors 6502

Perfect for my needs, yes!

I really doubt you will find this level of personal support anywhere else to be honest, and that was one of the major selling points for me.

8. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Try fast2host for support they are very helpful and just have a wee chat on the live chat thing they have but more importantly i rarely need to ever be in contact with them as there service give me no headaches.

9. delude thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think I wrote my last post very well :)
    I mean that the Vidahost support is so good they have helped me with anything website related that I have asked. I had maybe one query about changing name servers at the beginning but they have advised me what to do with coding, and also a few other problems that I have had regarding my site structure.

With other hosts I have just been told the usual 'We do not offer support with this type of question. '

10. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

The smaller places tend to give the best support IMO.