Finally, Personalized Internet TV on Our Macs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by egadfly, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egadfly macrumors newbie

egadfly

The Slingbox has finally arrived on our Macs. Sling Media has released the version 1.0 of their software for Mac OSX.

I'm looking forward to "slinging" my favorite programs from my home TV to my MacBook wherever I am -- in my dorm, in the airport, even at work (heh!)

I've been reading about it here, on SlingCommunity.

They describe the so-slow development process from last year's beta to todays V1.0. And they give a lot of details about the software, its interface and what it can do for you.

For example: There is a screen shot of how the software puts a standard "tv remote" on your Mac -- so you can change channels or browse TiVo from many miles away.

[​IMG]

There has been a lot of discussion about the coming of SlingPlayer to Macs.... now its here!

I'm excited about the possibilities! Any thoughts on the quality of this first release? Is it mature enough to go buy?

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

3. theISHkid macrumors regular

I've been waiting for this for a looong time now... it looks sweet.

4. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

5. alwaysaangel macrumors regular

Yeah seems like spam to me. But its actually a little interesting.

So you have to already have a TV/cable box and cable sbscription for this to work?

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I agree this is likely spam. If the OP wants to come back and discuss it elsewhere and explain in a new thread why this is their one and only post, fine. But it won't surprise me if we never hear from them again, either.

I don't mind people discussing sites, but I hate it when they act as though they're not just blatantly promoting one....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.