finally pushed the button!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by fluidedge, Feb 4, 2008.

1. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

Ordered my MP today :D

Quad core 2.8
    all standard
    wifi airport upgrade

will also put my 750GB and 250GB drives in the box!

can't wait - thanks to all those who had the patience to put up with my questions!

I spent the extra money saved on the quad vs octo to buy myself a sweet 24" samsung display.

shipping 4 days.... come on!! hurry up!!

2. krye macrumors 68000

krye

3. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

I also have the 24" Samsung... nice monitor. :D

Congrats on the purchase... i made mine Friday evening. I'm hoping for them to ship (including yours) anytime within the next two weeks.

4. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

Sweet machine :)

Which Samsung did you get? I got the 245BW and really couldn't be happier with it :)

-Bryan

5. fluidedge thread starter macrumors 65816

fluidedge

nice - i've ordered the 245B (not BW) can't wait. When i get the money i'm thinking of getting another to go along side

6. mojopixel macrumors 6502

mojopixel

As you already know by reading the messages posted on this forum, the majority of people have upgraded the graphics card to the nVidia 800 GT option. I am interested to find out why you went for the standard ATi option?

7. fluidedge thread starter macrumors 65816

fluidedge

because i can't really wait for another 4 weeks. I need to get on with some work now!

The 2600 is still a good card, it'll push the pixels round the programs i run, Most of the stuff i do is CPU/RAM intensive rather than GPU intensive (maya, Final cut, livetype etc) so an 8800 is a bit of a luxury add on.

If i find i need the 8800 later on, i'll get the 8800 kit in a few months or wait until someone can flash a PC 8800 card! ;)

the main reason is time though - i have had to send an imac back already so have lost a week. I have a couple of projects coming up and need the MP ASAP