finally received my replacement today! (mbp late 08)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by loganpyle, Nov 17, 2008.

1. loganpyle macrumors member

knock on wood but, so far it's...perfect? it has a tight battery cover, i don't hear anything from the fans, and all of my keys are level.

hopefully apple has finally started fixing all of the problems that people seemed to be having.

2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I order my MBP three weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the original one to arrive!!

Glad to hear that it's in fine shape. How long did it take to arrive?

3. apolloa macrumors 604

apolloa

Hey congrats, can you tell me, did the order for the replacement appear in your online account at all? And did Apple send you an email saying it was shipped and if so how long it took? I am asking as I am expecting my replacement, I called Apple support who confirmed mine is still on order and should be here this week? But it is not showing in my online account.

4. loganpyle thread starter macrumors member

After apple received my original mbp (with loose battery cover) I received an email confirming that they had received it. Then, a few days later I received another email saying that my new machine was ready to ship. Then a few days after that I received tracking info. It shipped last thursday from shanghai, and I received it today (monday). And yes, the replacement order did appear in my order status page.

5. loganpyle thread starter macrumors member

ehhhh, it probably shouldn't be taking three weeks. you probably should've received it after 1-1.5 weeks. i would call apple and find out what's up. maybe nag and get some free software out of the deal :p

6. apolloa macrumors 604

apolloa

Thanks a million buddy, that's very much appreciated. I think because mine is a BTO it may take a bit longer yet. :(

7. loganpyle thread starter macrumors member

yeah, mine was bto as well. so that definitely never speeds the process up heh.

8. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congratulations on your wonderful new MBP, enjoy it and may both you and your computer live long together and prosper.

Cheers and good luck