Finally stable

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattpreston11, Sep 13, 2008.

1. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

anyone else really happy with the update?okay it doesn't really bring anything new to the table except genius which I believe to be really good.but the stabability of the phone is now much better.anyone else agree with me?

2. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yeah, stability and performance is quite good, and what little in terms of functionality changes that 2.1 brings are generally for the better.

I'm disappointed in one thing though, they said that 2.1 would handle crashes in 3rd party apps better, but it looks like they're still allowed to crash or hang on exit and remain in the background. My iPhone reported 10 hours of usage this morning and I hadn't even used it for 10 minutes, so some application must have remained active in the background and sucked half the battery dry.

3. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I never noticed any instability, but I guess nothing bad has happened since I installed it!

4. garry1bowie macrumors newbie

I'm really happy with the update. I was having a nightmare with the Apps opening up for a sec then closing to the home screen, I tried all the suggestions posted to get them to work again but nothing seemed to work.

I've now updated and all Apps are working fine, got six pages of them, and everything seems to be a bit more snappier, so for me I'm happy. :)

5. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

I said it in another thread, I am so happy that I can receive a text, slide, and there it is... without the five-second lag.

It makes such a difference- it's awesome.

2.1<3

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Yeah, 2.1 is what the iPhone 3G should've been launched with - 2.0.X was horrible, absolute TRASH.

I'm loving the update. Annoyed that I had to put up with a POS phone for two months, but glad that it works now.