Finally!!! Streaming iTunes movies on cellular

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by 2010mini, Sep 9, 2016.

1. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Up ontil now we could not stream iTunes movies on our iOS devices on cellular data. Apple has finally joined all other streaming services and allows streaming on cellular data.
    Don't judge me on the movie.....
    IMG_0432.PNG

2. chrismac2 macrumors regular

chrismac2

Interesting. It's not working for me, it says I need to join a "wi-if network to stream this movie"
    IMG_1610.PNG

3. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Did you go to Settings-Videos-then turn on "Use Cellular Data"?

4. chrismac2 macrumors regular

chrismac2

Even more interesting.

First I went into Settings-Cellular, and in there is a huge list of apps and a toggle for each one whether to use cellular data. And for videos, the switch was "on"

However in Settings-Videos, there is another toggle, as you said, to "Use Cellular Data". That one was off......shouldn't those settings match. How can it be on in one place and off in another. Seems like a bug to me.

But even after turning that switch on as well, it still won't play and gives me this slightly different error---I guess it's determined on a per movie basis?
    IMG_1611.PNG

5. 2010mini thread starter macrumors 68040

Well I guess I spoke too soon. Maybe bacause I am using a beta. But only certain movies are streaming on cellular. Others give the instructions to collect to wifi

6. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

That's really odd. I wonder what the differentiation factor is.

7. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Great movie btw

Definitely weird that there is the option to use cellular and even the option to set quality of the video while using cellular (Best Available and Good)

Why have the options if it won't even let it stream on cellular. Videos app only plays downloaded videos or streamed videos, so I can't see where else the cellular could be used.

8. mjcxp macrumors regular

9. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

Seems to only work for certain movies. I was able to watch Avengers Age of Ultron, but Ant-Man doesn't work. Deadpool also works.

10. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

It seems to be either a bug or in need for a software fix. I am able to watch BatmanVSuperman, Deadpool.

11. jeffsbox667 macrumors newbie

Not possible for iTunes video whether its movies music video video podcast or tv shows All their videos are TOO LARGE a file to stream on LTE yet and I doubt that will not change BUYER BEWARE

BUYER BEWARE While Apple is the only company that can run their videos on iTunes apps NO OTHER DEVICE CAN but there are some other apps that you can use LTE like AMAZON VIDEO NETFLIX REDBOX HULU and on the same APPLE devices except for those devices with an A5 chip set when they discontinued the service for those and you can no longer upgrade your software however there are still certain functions that are available for those devices such as you can DOWNLOAD content from your account to those A5 devices and view your content that way. And thank the heavens above I can still view it from the older RCA connection (RED/WH Yellow)

I love APPLE for this because they can protect your purchases and you have several options to protect your own purchases from within your accounts. I also njoy the fact that they have a better processor chip set than most android models and faster access apps on their devices.