Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okatidubi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
SingTel states that iPhone reservations are over. I've already reserved my iPhone and yet to book for an appointment to get the iPhone. Expensive prices though. Nevertheless, hooray!

Sorry, but I had to do it. :p

https://www.singtelshop.com/iphone/

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
congratz :)
Let us know whether it's locked or not. I believe it should be unlocked since Singtel has never sold any devices locked. Try out with Starhub and M1 card after you got it ok :)

My gf wanted to reserve from singtel but I told her to wait because I'm scared it might be locked like the one here in US

rols

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
congratz :)
Let us know whether it's locked or not. I believe it should be unlocked since Singtel has never sold any devices locked. Try out with Starhub and M1 card after you got it ok :)

My gf wanted to reserve from singtel but I told her to wait because I'm scared it might be locked like the one here in US

reading the FAQ, there is a question about locking, the answer says that the handset is 'preset' to the singtel network and that phones on other networks won't be supported by Singtel. They don't say locked, I think not locked.

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
reading the FAQ, there is a question about locking, the answer says that the handset is 'preset' to the singtel network and that phones on other networks won't be supported by Singtel. They don't say locked, I think not locked.

lol preset... I think I know what they mean. The 3G and EDGE settings plist are in singtel configuration. Just need to hack the plist for starhub or M1 i guess ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.