Finally wanting to try glass protector what's the best to get?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mrskullfreak, Apr 22, 2015.

1. mrskullfreak, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015

mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

For the 6 and plus cases on both.
    I haven't tried the glass protectors yet and i am looking to buy one.
    I don't what to spend 50bux tho.
    Edge to edge is not a must for me.

2. faded03cobra macrumors regular

I've tried the majority of the glass protectors and the benks has been the best for me. Not to expensive and easy installation. I've tried the .15 benks and now have the .20 edge to edge. Both are great products.

3. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

If you don't care about edge to edge, try the Zagg Glass. It's gotten mixed reviews but it's worked for me.

4. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I agree with Danny that the Zagg Glass is a great screen protector if you aren't looking for edge to edge. I found the oleophobic coating to be outstanding and the screen protector as a whole to be excellent. Just be sure to center it correctly during the install. I felt very sad to peel it off recently so that I could review some edge to edge screen protectors.

Kristin

5. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

I thinks you will be a lot happier with the Benks 0.15 mm than the Zagg 0.4 mm.

The thinness of the Benks makes a huge difference, and both cover the same area, not edge to edge, and case friendly.

Zagg is close to $40 installed. Benks $17.99 on Amazon Prime.

6. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I totally agree. I have the .20 Pro and love it.

7. dnoph macrumors member

I've seen a ton of people talk about the benks

8. frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

I can also recommend the 0.2 benks (colored) edge2edge glass screen protector. They say it's gorilla glas, so it cannot get any better.

If you are ocd you could say that the cut outs on the top (only the round ones) are a little too low, but it does not cause any trouble, the sensors and camera work perfectly. The feel of the glass is really nice and smooth. Further, it is said to work with the apple leather/silicone cases and the shumuri case.

It would be great if benks would make a transparent tpu case with a lip which would fit their edge2edge screen protector.

9. Alan Mac Farlan macrumors regular

Waste of money ... it doesn't protect your iPhone really.

If you think you are going to scratch it .. then get the plastic thin stuff that is like 50 cents for a package of 6.

:apple::apple::apple:

10. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I think the point is that the glass screen protectors provide protection while looking and feeling beautiful on your iPhone. Cheap plastic ones, while a bargain, do not do that :)

11. Ringside macrumors regular

Ringside

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

I have the Zagg and feel that I overpaid into an expensive item regardless the warranty. Especially in light of recent competitors whose price is a quarter of Zagg's price. I can buy, say, three protectors from the others and still be way ahead. So when my Zagg chips or ruins, I won't warranty, but just try the competition.

13. Alan Mac Farlan macrumors regular

Nope that is not the point ... unless you want it to be.

In the Apple Stores ... there is no screen protectors for sale and the sales staff recommends against them ... saying it is a waste of time and money.

But I can feel you being beautiful ... I have feelings as well.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

If I sat at a desk all day...or worked in an Apple Store...I'd be inclined to agree.

I work outside in a desert filled with sand and dust. I've seen many a screen on many types of phones get horribly scratched just from being in a pocket all day.

15. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Actually the Apple online store shows several brands and types of screen protectors. My local store also has screen protectors for sale, although not the variety offered on their website.

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

17. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Used both Zagg and the Verizon wireless version. The VZ one is very nice.

18. viewfly, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

Your point is invalid.

Apple does sell the Belkin TrueClear invisiGlass 0.2 mm glass Screen Protector. Clear glass. Apple also sells plastic anti glare SP and privacy ones. The reason Apple never sold plastic clear SP was because of the loss of clarity with plastic. That changed with glass SP.

People have different needs and fears. I don't use one generally but for some job environments it makes sense.

A glass one is 9 times more scratch resistance than plastic and feels smoother to the touch. As scratch resistance as the iPhone glass. But if you work in dirty sandy environments or. wear glass or diamond earring, all those will scratch glass. So better to have a throw away SP.

Belkin TrueClear InvisiGlass Screen Protector with Easy Align Frame for iPhone 6

http://store.apple.com/xc/product/HH0G2ZM/A

19. FieldingMellish Suspended

For me, the protector affords peace of mind for the little things, rather than for catastrophic drops. Like laying face down in the shop and discovering metal shavings on the desk. Or someone tosses a pen my way and it's fumbled onto the face-up phone. When things happen, I don't feel the need to go into ocd panic mode and break out the microscope to see what happened to my screen.

20. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

+1!