finally....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dOOd, Dec 15, 2007.

1. dOOd macrumors newbie

i got my iphone from strasbourg. but the big problem now is how to activate and unlock it.. Not even the guy in the orange shop is sure how the unlocking thing works.. Does anyone here know how exactly it works? I stay in germany. Do I need to go back to france to get it unlocked?

2. silbeej macrumors 6502a

I live in the states, but i read somewhere that you can only use an unlocked iPhone on networks in the country in which you bought it. Example, an unlocked UK iPhone would not work on any US network. Not sure if this helps you, for standard activation is done over iTunes.

3. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

if something plug it in to itunes and insert sim thats or thats what i heard

4. dOOd thread starter macrumors newbie

i managed to activate my phone. Do i need to have a itunes france account to unlock the iphone? because it is not accepting my credit card. It says its not a valid credit card for france... there is an option to change the country. Is it possible that i get it unlocked from german iTunes account??

5. dOOd thread starter macrumors newbie

has no one got any idea about this? any suggestion/advice will be of great use for me..

thanks!

6. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

you need a credit card from france i see or just try the french itunes account to activate

7. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

Shouldn't all these kinds of threads go in the hacks section?