Finally...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by scottydawg, Feb 20, 2008.

1. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

After much waiting and reading (The Missing Manual and this forum ;) ), it has arrived! This is my first Mac and it is damn sweet so far. I couldn't wait so I have it booted up at my office and am getting all the updates. It did not come with 10.5.2 loaded if anyone was wondering.
    The RAID card battery came charged and ready to go. I have 3 SAS drives, the first will be Operating System and Applications the other two will be RAID 0 and have all the Home files. Looking forward to putting the 6GB (1GB each) of OWC RAM in tonight, the Sonnet E4P card, (this will be for setting up my backup on one of two drives in a Seritek 2EN2) and some software of course.
    Tomorrow night I will start miagration of the PC files I want on the MP.

2. quinny61994 macrumors newbie

Congrats!!!!

You made the right choice. Good job in getting a Mac Pro, and making the switch from Windows to Mac. Wishing you well.:apple::apple::apple::apple::D

3. scottydawg thread starter macrumors 6502

scottydawg

Thanks quinny.
    So far everything is going bueno... I had to reseat the memory risers for it to see all 8GB (it only saw 4 at first) and now I am trying to figure out a little navigation on here.

4. taylorcjones macrumors newbie

taylorcjones

Congratulations!! I'm looking in to buying a Mac Pro and adding my own memory. OWC has some really cheap prices. Is there any reason for this that I should be worried about? Where did you buy your Mac Pro from, and what kind of monitor are you running?

5. scottydawg thread starter macrumors 6502

scottydawg

I think the OWC memory is great so far, based on what everyone says here I wouldn't be worried. I ordered a Dell 2408 monitor yesterday the minute they went on sale.