Finally

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sandman1969, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Have my 3G :D

Gone in a few times to the Apple store the first month and always out of the Black 16GB. Decided to wait, got version 1.0 so wasn't that worried. Minus the problems it had after getting dropped in 12 foot of water, that is another story.
    Then Best Buy gets them in! Guess stocks are solid again.

So finally have my 3G!

Not sure if it has been mentioned but you can buy insurance for 15 a month. Gotta debate that one, though with my past with the last one :eek:

2. c43amg macrumors member

$15.00 from where? Bestbuy, apple,at&t?

3. Sandman1969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Yeah from Bestbuy. I have a month to add it if I want.

4. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

really?? thats interesting. that might deserve a headline, send a message to arn or wildcowboy about that

5. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

Don't! I used to work for Best Buy... they screw you around if you need repairs/etc...

Also, they have really fine print that sometimes will void the warranty, without you even knowing.

SquareTrade!

m

6. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

$15 a month for insurance seems like a lot to me.

7. Sandman1969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Yeah the price is why I am hesitant to do it. Seems kind of high, and I need to read up on the "fine print".

So nice having my phone not power down whenever it wanted. Wierd what 12 foot of water in a lake will do to a phone :p

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Agreed. You can get some sort of renter's/homeowner's policy that covers thousands and thousands of dollars for less than that.
    I would look around and also, unless the BB insurance plan is a complete replacement plan I would avoid it at all costs. Repair plans are, in fact, a complete waste of time with BB and a total rip off. They will do anything to ensure you never get what you need. Unfortunately BB employs those who spend a great deal of time at home on their computers, who can navigate very well throughout a system, and then dresses them up like the Mormons on their Mission and sticks a title on them "Geek Squad". Sorry dude, but just because you can clear my cache I can't really respect what you do. :)