Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
After a year and a half, i'm ordering my iMac!! I'm so ***** excited.. haha. I'm purchasing the 24" iMac with wireless keyboard and mighty mouse. I can't wait to finally be apart of the Apple family. (Aside from the iPhone/iPhone 3g side) I'm sure this is the place to come for any questions i have.. so to anyone that might help me in the future, thanks in advance! So.. anything out of the ordinary you suggest i do when i first turn this beast on and get started?

patricem

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2005
After a year and a half, i'm ordering my iMac!! I'm so ***** excited.. haha. I'm purchasing the 24" iMac with wireless keyboard and mighty mouse. I can't wait to finally be apart of the Apple family. (Aside from the iPhone/iPhone 3g side) I'm sure this is the place to come for any questions i have.. so to anyone that might help me in the future, thanks in advance! So.. anything out of the ordinary you suggest i do when i first turn this beast on and get started?

Welcome to the MAC world!! You are going to think you died and went to computer heaven. :):) Don't get too overwhelmed when you find out EVERYTHING WILL ACTUAL WORK!!!!!! And don't faint when YOU NEVER AGAIN SEE THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH lol!!:apple::apple:

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Welcome to the MAC world!! You are going to think you died and went to computer heaven. :):) Don't get too overwhelmed when you find out EVERYTHING WILL ACTUAL WORK!!!!!! And don't faint when YOU NEVER AGAIN SEE THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH lol!!:apple::apple:

I'll have to admit.. i very rarely get a BSOD.. AKA i never upgraded to Vista. Ha!

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Ordered!! I got one day shipping. Should be here tomorrow or Thursday. (Most likely Thursday)

I CAN'T WAIT!!

Sebby

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
London, UK
One day shipping... Nice. I ordered mine on Saturday 7 March and it hasn't even been dispatched yet, apparently because of the wireless keyboard. :(

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Yeah. I was going to do the wireless mouse/keyboard and do the $200 upgrade on the graphics card until i saw it was a 4-6 week wait with the card and 1-3 day wait for the keyboard. So i said screw it. I can buy wireless later if i want and the graphics card wasn't really needed to begin with. I don't play games or anything. I do plan on upgrading the RAM eventually though to 6GB or 8GB.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
You were lucky. My shipped from Czech Rebublic on 6th and it's still somewhere around world but it's on time and delivery is tomorrow.

Not so much.. Grrr. Now it's saying tomorrow OR Friday. So much for one day shipping.

marold280

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2008
Just, turn it on, then dont do anything
turn it straight off
and then turn it on again.
The speed, with nothing on the hard drive but the OS is actually phenomenal :D
Oh and take loads of photobooth pictures, they are soo addictive!
Welcome to Mac :)

jordan eff

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2008
what one did you order

i had to return to of my rcent imacs because of faulty screens so i'm waiting a few weeks to get the new 2.66Ghz or 2.93Ghz

everybody on here are great when you need help, helped me out quite alot :)

Ibonic

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2007

Get naked before you turn it on the first time: it's like a rebirth. You'll enjoy it more that way.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
First post on the forum on my iMac.. i love love love it! Few questions so far.. this one is guaranteed to be a dumb one.. ha.. how do i open more than one Finder window? Two.. i'm having problems getting MobileMe to sync. i go into settings and click the Sync tab, then tell it to sync with MobileMe.. but it keeps unchecking the box.. bah! Thanks in advance. :)

mattyb240

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
First post on the forum on my iMac.. i love love love it! Few questions so far.. this one is guaranteed to be a dumb one.. ha.. how do i open more than one Finder window? Two.. i'm having problems getting MobileMe to sync. i go into settings and click the Sync tab, then tell it to sync with MobileMe.. but it keeps unchecking the box.. bah! Thanks in advance. :)

Right click finder>new window:cool:

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Right click finder>new window:cool:

Haha.. wow. I forgot and was just randomly clicking on the right side of my Mighty Mouse..

Still stuck on MobileMe. Every time i check it, it unchecks,

EDIT: Had to sign out then back in. is it just me for is Faces in iPhoto a pain?

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I'm getting my new mac tomorrow. Can't wait. I've had my current one for 3 years. It's the first intel mac that came out. Handing it down to the kids(who are always on it anyway)
Really looking forward to the unboxing tomorrow.
As for faces it's pretty usless IMO. I prefer to use smart folders for the kids and rest of the family.

Enjoy your imac. !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.