Finals! AHHH!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Feb 19, 2008.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I'm so screwed for final exams this week...since my school's on the trimester schedule, I obviously have finals three times a year.

Last tri, I got a B in Honors English, an A in Faith, an A in Computer Apps (what a joke), an A in French, and a C in Honors Algebra. I didn't study for the test preceding the final in Algebra and I washed on the final to a 79.4, and my teacher wouldn't budge. :mad:

This tri's a little worse. I still have an A in French, and an A in Speech, but I was hoping for A's in both Honors History and Honors Geometry, but I calculated it out and I'm cemented in B's for both. Since this is my last trimester of 9th grade honors English, I need a B to be in it for next year, and I aced all of my essays, grammar, and vocab work, but I hardly ever read the reading selections on time. I went so low to a 56%, then I redeemed myself to a 72%, but no matter how hard I try on final exams, there's nothing I can do to get a B. I'm so disappointed in myself. I'm hoping maybe I can take the readmission test into 10th grade honors english, but I'm doubtful. It's been a hard, yet amazingly fun class, and the teacher is really cool. I guess the positive here is that I'll have him next year for CP. :eek:

I've always been a straight A student, but I fell into terrible habits in middle school due to my vapid teachers. Still, it's something I should've cleaned up by now. I'm going to try and get straight A's next tri, which looks pretty easy anyway, so that my average GPA at the end of the year is a 3.77 (3.6, 3.5, 4.2.)

/rant

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Meh, you ain't seen finals until you see law school finals.

3. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

True; my sister is in med school and I can't believe how much time she devotes to studying for tests.

I guess I'm still not really accustomed to having to prove my grade at the end of the semester/trimester.

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Don't worry about 9th grade tests in the grand scheme of things, it's the habits you are developing that will help you in life. From what you've written, you're already way past your age in your desire and drive to do better at school and setting good goals for yourself. I'm really impressed, keep it up.

P.S.: This is coming from college sophomore at a great school who happened to be a pretty bad procrastinator. I don't know about you, but I've always found the key to doing well in school (and really at life) is to stay cool under pressure and don't get stressed. While people are frantically flipping through pages in the 30 seconds leading up to a final, I just look around the room calmly and laugh to myself at their sheepishness.

5. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

I know exactly what you're talking about; if I don't know the material, I become tense if I frantically start reviewing just before the test, and it's better just to be calm because I'm not going to get much studying done that way anyway. If I do know the stuff, it's reassuring, however, to review the material one last time casually before the test.

Thanks for the kind words. I guess I should start looking at the big picture every now and then. I'm not sure if I even want/need to go to college, though I still feel that I should do as best of a job as I can and stay above average.

Now just exactly what are my parents going to say about my C's......:eek: