Finance app

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kajover, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Kajover macrumors member

Is there an app for the iPad to look over finances (money book) like on the iPhone?

2. bluedog3401 macrumors regular

iBank has a pretty feature full package for home or light business use. It doesn't do payroll or some advanced forecasting, but it is great for watching your balances, can pull data from your credit card (without having to store the account number/passcode directly) or your bank if they have the feature for electronic connections.

The iPhone app lets you enter expenses and apply a charge type for the amount to categorize your payments/income. The desktop application does the bulk of the work but you can enter/input and review most of the info on the phone.

I haven't seen any apps updated for the iPad, but they will likely come from the bigger/supported companies. For now, iBank works and from researching is an affordable and useful package (the desktop app is an additional cost).

We looked at several packages and iBank seemed to fit our needs for budgeting and watching your accounts. It doesn't do online stock updates or sophisticated connections but probably fits the average households needs quite well.

3. Sdevante macrumors 6502

I second iBank. They are currently developing an iPad native app, as well.

4. Kajover thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I just thought I did not look enough to find something.

I also heard about mint.com which should be great but does not work outside the u.s.

5. ginguar macrumors regular

got to agree with the others I found ibank for the iphone and it's great, also got the desktop version for my dad on his mbp about a month ago as he needed a quicken replacment which isn't avaliable in the UK and he'd moved everything else he did from the PC to his mac. Dad had tried other money managment programs but didn't like them but quickly took to ibank.

6. sigamy macrumors 65816

If you already do online banking and bill pay, then I would recommend Mint.com and their iPhone app.

7. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

mint is pretty great on the iPhone. given how aggressive mint seems as a company, I'd be surprised if they didn't roll out an iPad specific version of their app that brought even greater functionality...

8. Kajover thread starter macrumors member

9. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Mint is awful. Takes forever and a day to update. Check out Personal Assistant.

There's a paid version too, and does more than just your bank. And works oh so much faster than Mint.

10. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci