Finance software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by silvrbullet, Jun 28, 2009.

1. silvrbullet macrumors regular

I have searched this forum and google and cant find a decent finance application. From the looks of it, one doesn't exist for the Mac. I have a copy of Quicken 2007, but it doesn't work. I can launch the app and it doesn't let me start or open a new file. I tried Quicken online, Mint, and iBANK - none of them where what I was looking for.

I have used Quicken for years on my PC, and I'm looking for something similar. I don't want anything that updates from my bank account automatically, I just want a simple ledger program. I like how quicken lets you input transactions that happen in the future, and give you to separate totals (one for current transactions, one for future). Does anyone know of a simple application that does this? I tried to make an excel spreadsheet that did this, but wasn't successful.

2. mongrol macrumors regular

I like Liquid Ledger.

TBH it looks like you're looking for something exactly like Quicken, not just similar. There are many functional personal finance apps for Mac that perform very well at doing the basics.

3. silvrbullet thread starter macrumors regular

I spent a couple hours yesterday trying to find something I liked- I didn't find anything. I guess I will load quicking once I get win 7 installed..

4. noles200 macrumors member

Quicken has new software for mac coming out soon (maybe sept/oct). I was a long time quicken user too on pc. When I switched to Mac I tried a bunch of different programs and felt Monywell was the best of the group. Good luck.

5. ValL macrumors newbie

I'd also recommend Moneywell from No Thirst Software. It works on the envelope budgeting principle. You can always try the free trial.

6. xilni macrumors member

xilni