Financed Watch or iPhone for Trade In

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ak_ree, Sep 29, 2018.

1. ak_ree macrumors newbie

I wanted to not love the new gold stainless steel Apple Watch but after seeing it in person I need to upgrade. Currently have a stainless steel series 3 and I was thinking it’s more cost effective for me to trade it in for apple refund rather than selling it since I’ll lieklt not get a lot for it that way. I currently pay next installments through AT&T and I was wondering if anybody knows if it has to be paid off before I trade it in or if I can trade it in while it’s still financed or if it has to be paid off before they will give me the refund for the trade in. Just looking at my options since I’d rather get it through Apple since I can get it faster than AT&T but I’d pay less if I got it through AT&T and financed it.

2. sirenized macrumors 6502

I would assume you mean that you financed the watch through at&t and are making monthly payments. If that is accurate technically the watch belongs to ATT until it’s paid off. The only other thing I can suggest is to read your contract and/or contact at&t and see if they offer a trade up program for the watch

3. ak_ree thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it’s financed through AT&T... I had no doubt I would have to pay it off first which is fine. Just need to decide if I want to pay outright for a SS Gold series 4 and trade in for a refund or do another next with AT&T and wait until mid November for the watch to come

4. sirenized macrumors 6502

Anytime I can afford to bypass a monthly payment, I do. If you can buy it now and trade in. Do it

5. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

When you trade it in at Apple, there check the financing on it, as well as lost, stolen, etcetera.