Financial App for Freelancer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thriii, Apr 20, 2009.

1. thriii macrumors 6502

I'm looking for a financial app that will work for me. So far, I've tried Moneywell, Squirrel, iBank, and Cha-Ching. Cha-Ching has slow development and iBank is an eyesore so I'm trying to stay away from the 2.

What I'm looking for is:

Iphone Sync
    Transactions Downloaded from Bank
    Budgeting

Are there other programs I should consider?

I really like squirrel, but it doesn't have automatic downloads from the bank and the Iphone App doesn't seem to be in the US Store :confused:.. Moneywell seems to have what I need but the Iphone app which is in development. Just seems like theres something missing in all the solutions.. any suggestions?

2. mongrol macrumors regular

3. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply! could you explain why these 2?

4. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

5. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

I have! I'm not too sure I want to have another service with all my banking/credit info. I did think about the possibility though

6. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

they have an iphone app too

7. mongrol macrumors regular

1) You haven't mentioned them yet
    2) They are better than those above.

8. mirffy macrumors member

Neither Liquid Ledger nor Moneydance can sync to the iPhone, or did I miss something?

9. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I spent ages and ages looking for a decent business financial application but after trying everything I could find I just settled with using Numbers. It does the job and it is very quick to get decent spreadsheets made up.

10. mirffy macrumors member

I've considered using numbers or excel, but am currently looking for an app to enter payments on the go, which not only gets the job done, but also is aesthetically pleasing. Even though the OP doesn't seem to like Chaching, i keep coming back to it. Is there any similar hidden app that I missed?

11. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Sorry, I can't really help with your question but I do beg to differ on the point made above. I think it is perfectly possible to make a spreadsheet in Numbers look good. In fact, I think it is the best spreadsheet application I have used in terms of making good looking spreadsheets.

12. waffles123 macrumors regular

Try iCompta. The desktop version is free, but the iPhone version is a few bucks. Just search iCompta in iTunes and you will see it.

13. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

Out of all the apps I've tried, I like moneywell the best and they have a great budgeting system. They don't have an Iphone app yet but the developer said as soon as the next iphone ships this summer the app will be available.. so maybe I'll stick with this unless I can find something else