Financial Applications?

BandontheRun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Hi -

I used to use MS Money on my PC after I converted from Quicken. What is the best Financial Software out there for personal finance. I am a pretty heavy Financial guy, MBA in Finance, 401k, Stocks, Mutual Funds, REITs etc with accounts at TDAmeritrade, Merril Lynch etc. So I'd like to be able to download data from all of those sites and consolidate to a single view.
Is there a really good application to do this on the Mac?

Thanks!
-Jim

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
FWIW I've just come full circle after trying to use Quicken for Mac and Cha-Ching, I give up and have come back to running MS Money in Boot Camp/Parallels.

I tried, but none of the Mac solutions I looked at had all the features I've come to use often in Money. :(

B

paul.b.davis

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2007
Over the hills and far away...
i use a program called accounts

works great for just keeping track of where my money goes, and it uses accounting principles that make more sense to me than the ones used in most financial apps, like having my credit cards be a liability account and things like that

Steven89

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2009
Queens, NY
Quicken is a bit buggy. iBank is the best for Mac. My family, a bunch of financial advisors, brokers, etc. all recommend iBank-- and most are Mac users.

MACboyet

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2010
I'd take a look at MoneyWell: http://nothirst.com/moneywell/

It is a very well put together product, and the support is fantastic.

It utilizes a unique envelope system to budget your money month-to-month.

--
Evan
ive used this too... i got addicted to it.. a cool, reliable app(you need to be familiarize though coz it isn't so easy-to-understand)
i also use the app for iphone

highly recommended!