Financial Applications?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BandontheRun, Oct 25, 2007.

1. BandontheRun macrumors newbie

Hi -

I used to use MS Money on my PC after I converted from Quicken. What is the best Financial Software out there for personal finance. I am a pretty heavy Financial guy, MBA in Finance, 401k, Stocks, Mutual Funds, REITs etc with accounts at TDAmeritrade, Merril Lynch etc. So I'd like to be able to download data from all of those sites and consolidate to a single view.
    Is there a really good application to do this on the Mac?

Thanks!
    -Jim

2. Cerebrum macrumors regular

Cerebrum

Quicken for mac? (at least i think there is a version for it) and since you've used it before..might be useful.

3. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I agree. I hear Quicken for Mac is a really nice program. Very advanced yet easy to use.

4. mongrol macrumors regular

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

FWIW I've just come full circle after trying to use Quicken for Mac and Cha-Ching, I give up and have come back to running MS Money in Boot Camp/Parallels.

I tried, but none of the Mac solutions I looked at had all the features I've come to use often in Money. :(

B

6. macrobat macrumors regular

7. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

That looks like a really good alternative. It is easy to install if you have Fink as well, although it is not the latest version. I am sure they will update it as time goes on.

8. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

i use a program called accounts

works great for just keeping track of where my money goes, and it uses accounting principles that make more sense to me than the ones used in most financial apps, like having my credit cards be a liability account and things like that

9. Steven89 macrumors newbie

Quicken is a bit buggy. iBank is the best for Mac. My family, a bunch of financial advisors, brokers, etc. all recommend iBank-- and most are Mac users.

10. emoseman macrumors newbie

MoneyWell

I'd take a look at MoneyWell: http://nothirst.com/moneywell/

It is a very well put together product, and the support is fantastic.

It utilizes a unique envelope system to budget your money month-to-month.

--
    Evan

11. MACboyet macrumors newbie

MACboyet

ive used this too... i got addicted to it.. a cool, reliable app(you need to be familiarize though coz it isn't so easy-to-understand)
    i also use the app for iphone

highly recommended!