Financial management software for somebody who doesn't have much money?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by equalsabracket, Mar 12, 2009.

1. equalsabracket macrumors regular

I'm 18 and I have a bank account which recieves interest now and again and for money i now just walk the dogs for my parents on a saturday morning. I've walked them 5 times since buying a new laptop though and through them taking bits of money and saying they'll give me it back then claiming that they did and giving me random bits of money here and there and then taking it etc., it's all confusing and I still have the same amount of £5 in my wallet.

Could anybody recommend any simple financial management app i could use? Obviously i don't have a full time job and stuff but i want to keep track of my bank account and money i have in my wallet and what i'm owed.

Thanks.

2. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

why not just write it down? Seems you don't need an app to keep track of 5 pounds.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Buy a ledger book or use a spreadsheet in OpenOffice.

4. equalsabracket thread starter macrumors regular

Well i need something to keep track of what each person owes me, how much i should have and also money in the bank.

5. Eagle51389 macrumors member

This may not cater to all of your needs, but it'll give you a great breakdown of all the money you have in different accounts:

http://www.mint.com

It consolidates all your accounts into a great interface. Better yet, it is free.