Financial Software on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by secondcup, Mar 14, 2011.

1. secondcup macrumors member

secondcup

As I await my iPad2, I'm wondering what everyone is using in terms of financial software. I know Quicken doesn't have an app yet, so what's the next best thing?

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

It depends on what needs to be done. Don't expect an entire JDE/Oracle server to be installed. I personally use Number from Apple, it works. Of course, it's not like Quickbook, etc.

3. secondcup thread starter macrumors member

secondcup

I guess I'm mostly looking for a checkbook app. Will number cover me in that area?

4. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Yeah but you will have to manually input all the info. There are a few expense report apps in the Apple Store. What it does is it scans your stuff via the camera and (can't remember exactly) insert the total amount into a page for you, like a summary page. Sorry, I only read about it so my feedback is kinda limited.

5. JasonBourne1 macrumors regular

Depends on what you need it for - personal or business, but firms like Quicken and QuickBooks are slowly being replaced by cloud based accounting software firms.
    Two of the best ones are:

Xero - www.xero.com
    Liquid - www.liquidaccounts.net

Both are awesome on the iPad

6. AuburnApple macrumors member

I really wish Mint would come out with an iPad otimized app with comparable functionality to their website. Their website doesn't work well on the iPad because thier graphs are flash based. Their iPhone app doesn't do a whole lot. I used Intuit's TurboTax software to do my taxes and it is unblievable. Intuit also owns Mint, and I really wish they would step up with a proper iPad App similar to their TurboTax one.