Financial Software Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by virgomac, Feb 4, 2010.

1. virgomac macrumors member

Maybe one of you have found something I haven't. I'm looking for financial software that does "Forecasting". So far the only two I've found is Quicken 2007 (I think that's the one out now) and iBank.

Quicken seems to do the job, but does has quite a few things about it that annoys me to no end.

iBank also does this but only breaks it down into weeks, and then doesn't allow you to see what or where the events actually are. Just a non-interactive chart.

I was holding out hope for the new version of Quicken but from all reports and information I could did it, it seems to have even fewer functions than the old one. In the forums they (intuit) are even suggesting to some that they use the 3 year old software and not update if you are needing certain functionality.

Anyway...what have you found? Is this the only 2 pieces of software that do this (on the mac) ?

2. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

I haven't found anything that would replace a 5 year old version of MS Money yet, so I'm still running that in Parallels. You wouldn't think it would be hard to replicate all the functionality, but no-one seems to have done so, just bits of it. I looked at a few alternatives towards the end of last year, and none of them met my needs, including forecasting and portfolio management. Even the forthcoming Quicken won't cut it for me either I believe.